Thread: S70, bolt and fitting

Hybrid booster

S70, bolt and fitting

I want to screw the water fitting #2, but the bolt #1 prevents me for doing this.
    Can I remove it just to be able to turn the fitting ?
    I don't know the purpose of these bolts and don't want to make mistakes.

thanks

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: S70, bolt and fitting

Those are the bolts that hold the compressor housing to the backplate. You can take the bolt out no problem in order to get the fitting on, but it almost looks like the compressor housing may have to be removed in order to get the fitting threaded in and clocked appropriately. It can be a little tedious, but no hard at all.

Hybrid booster

OK thanks,
    I hope the bolt will be enough

That's the only way to do it, not a big deal to remove, install and reinstall that bolt. You're good.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Or extend the fitting up with a small piece of pipe.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanmanČ View Post
    Or extend the fitting up with a small piece of pipe.
    I think the only way that would work is if you had something that was like a male/male fitting and then it would still be tight because of the intake runner just above it. I think.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I think the only way that would work is if you had something that was like a male/male fitting and then it would still be tight because of the intake runner just above it. I think.
    Its just pipe thread, I used to do that with my hybrids. Home Depot special baby,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Its just pipe thread, I used to do that with my hybrids. Home Depot special baby,
    That's not what I was getting at. The intake is relatively close to where the fitting sits. Extending it above the line where the compressor side would hit it could be limited to the clearance of the intake runner. It's been a bit since I worked on one of my cars that has the turbo sitting below the intake, so I'm not sure if it actually would hit it if extended. Just seems to be in my mind that if you don't have it turned where it does normally, there will be clearance issues with the intake if the connection gets raised any higher. And not to mention, the wastegate arm is close to that area as well.

The oil line is on top, the coolant line comes out the side, plenty of room. I'll find some pics.

The oil line is on top, the coolant line comes out the side, plenty of room. I'll find some pics.
    Nope, you're right. Forgot about that one tid bit. I swapped the oil line the other day on the Lancer, that's where I was thinking.