I am having some issues with the manual tranny mount on an 83' omni. It's the older system and uses the same style as the typical passenger side motor mount. The only way I can get it to sit in the bracket and have the holes line up is to put it in with the mount's "shoulder" facing down, which shouldn't be right. If I try to put it in right side up it will not fit into the bracket. I have also tried to use a later style manual tranny mount(with appropriate bracket) by cutting down the metal sleeve to fit into the slightly shorter housing welded to the frame rail and ran into another problem there. The new mount(aftermarket) was too big(long) to fit into the bracket correctly. I compared it to a couple old mounts I had knocked out of other spare brackets and it was a little less than 1/4" longer that both of them. I was able to press it in but it deformed the nylon insert and the metal sleeve wouldn't fit in and even if I could fit it in, it darn sure wouldn't slide like it's supposed to. Did I just get a crappy out of spec aftermarket mount or are all the non-oem mounts like this? If anyone can offer any kind or help with the earlier style mount or the later one it would be greatly appreciated. I need to get this car back on the road asap.
Thanks again,
Dan