Thread: NEW Denso alternators…

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

NEW Denso alternators…

Up to this point I have had excellent results with buying new Denso A/C compressors and actually getting the genuine article, minus the chrysler part number and inflated price tag. The fly by night Denso look a like alternator I installed in 07 or 08 is getting noisy and the output is not consistent. Checking on r/a and elsewhere there are now listings for new, not remaned denso alternators that claim to be genuine Denso with a disclaimer that while it maybe sourced through Denso, it could be made by anyone.

part number 211-0100 for the 90 amp and 211-0122 for 120 amp.

Has anyone bought one of these and can say whether or not its good to go or should be avoided.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Re: NEW Denso alternators…

From where?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

rockauto, amazon and elsewhere.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

That's normal, Denso, Bosch etc all outsource. Bosch I would bet, are 100% China built.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I recently put a "new" Denso 120 amp alternator into the CSX. It has several hundred miles on it with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I recently put a "new" Denso 120 amp alternator into the CSX. It has several hundred miles on it with no problems.
    Did the box happen to say where it was made?

Sorry, I do not recall where it was made. I do remember being impressed with the box etc. that it was packaged in. It made the pain of not purchasing an alt from the JY much more bearable.

turbo addict

I bought a new 120 amp denso from rockauto I don't remember the manufacturer but when disassembled all components were denso.

So back from the dead. Alternator in the car finally crapped out. Ordered the 120 amp option from rock auto (its actually a bit less $ than the 90 amp).

Following the tracking # it was drop shipped from Denso in Long Beach CA so I figured it was probably from china or elsewhere. Cut the box open and I was impressed to find 'MADE IN THE USA' on the box and on the alternator p/n tag. From what I can see through the case it actually looks like a quality part and not some white box or parts store special. Time will be the ultimate teller, I feel a good bit of confidence that this thing won't be a paperweight anytime soon.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    So back from the dead. Alternator in the car finally crapped out. Ordered the 120 amp option from rock auto (its actually a bit less $ than the 90 amp).

Following the tracking # it was drop shipped from Denso in Long Beach CA so I figured it was probably from china or elsewhere. Cut the box open and I was impressed to find 'MADE IN THE USA' on the box and on the alternator p/n tag. From what I can see through the case it actually looks like a quality part and not some white box or parts store special. Time will be the ultimate teller, I feel a good bit of confidence that this thing won't be a paperweight anytime soon.

turbo addict

So does it actually have the ND embossed logo on the backing plate, or is it a NSA Denso wannabee? In checking some Denso alts. a while ago, they claim new not remanned, but reading the fine print it is in fact a reman. BUT with all new hardware! WTF? That part # looks like it is the "new" remanned (lol) part #. Hope it works out for you. The 90 amp ND should be a number like 121000-3300. I acquired a NSA 120 amp ND alt that lasted about 30 minutes... Hope you have better luck.
    Todd

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I could totally see him slowly rising the alternator over his head with the halogen shop light glowing from behind causing a halo effect....
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    So does it actually have the ND embossed logo on the backing plate, or is it a NSA Denso wannabee? In checking some Denso alts. a while ago, they claim new not remanned, but reading the fine print it is in fact a reman. BUT with all new hardware! WTF? That part # looks like it is the "new" remanned (lol) part #. Hope it works out for you. The 90 amp ND should be a number like 121000-3300. I acquired a NSA 120 amp ND alt that lasted about 30 minutes... Hope you have better luck.
    Todd
    Not really sure what it is. The casting is most certainly new and not reused, it lacks the usual sandblast white metal aluminum appearance of a reman unit. Its got a red foil sticker tag and not the usual silver foil sticker Denso tag on it. With it not being an OEM 'chrysler' unit would it have that tag on it though ? No ND stamping on the cover. It may be an 'authorized' copy, it at least looks like a very good one if that translates into not being a turd I would like to think.

The one I took off was most certainly a chinese copycat and it showed if one looked closely.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?