Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TU Camshafts Now Shipping! Introductory Price!!

turbo addict

Re: New TU Camshafts Now Shipping! Introductory Price!!

a new cam is really exciting IMO, way to go Chris! I wish I knew more about cams so I could make educated decisions about things..but I think a new cam design is major indication that our vendors our thinking and pushing the envelope for us...

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    a new cam is really exciting IMO, way to go Chris! I wish I knew more about cams so I could make educated decisions about things..but I think a new cam design is major indication that our vendors our thinking and pushing the envelope for us...
    Thanks Asa. Our new cam is scheduled to be installed in a vehicle with your intake manifold and our Hybrid Header, 3"SV and exhaust system. There will be an "A" to "B" comparison completed for those interested in the results.

Ironically, we have already provided the same exact specs on our camshafts that our competitor advertises on their website. Our goal is to go one step beyond that by including cam cards with every one sold. Right now we are working on releasing a second camshaft with a slightly different profile. Additional info including LSA will be provided for both camshafts at that time.

As Frank already stated, not everyone's goals are the same and having more choices out there is never a bad thing for this tiny community. New products will always prove themselves over time as different combinations of parts are tested until the ideal set up is found. A camshaft that might work well for a vehicle with a ported factory manifold and super hi boost levels may not be the best choice for someone with a better flowing intake and exhaust manifold. We need to keep an open mind about ALL options otherwise it will limit this community's growth. Back in early 2000 TU introduced the Garrett DBB turbo. We tested it on the track (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ph...-track&cat=508) with exceptional results. Our competitors immediately shot it down saying that it was a waste of money providing very little performance benefits even though they had never tried it themselves. Over time Garrett DBB Turbos finally became accepted, and along with the Holsets, are becoming the turbo of choice. Had there been less "push back" perhaps there would not have been such a long delay in their acceptance.

All camshafts purchased are shipping today and we look forward to feedback from those who purchased them.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 11-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

wow cant wait to see the results! Alot of the BMFI's went to folks running a TU header so a cam that works well with that and the BMFI could have a bunch of potential customers! I didnt ask them what SV they had though but I would assume most people getting a BMFI and a TU header would at some point go towards a 3" SV of some kind!

Hybrid booster

That'll teach me to check these posts early. Ordered it anyway since the engine hasn't been installed yet.

Thank You for your order 88C/S! You received the last camshaft at the introductory price. Unfortunately you missed the shipping deadline for today. It will go out Monday Morning.

LSA will be determined next week and will be provided to all camshaft customers.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Saturday's camshaft orders shipped!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At the post office.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	51968
    Last edited by Chris W; 11-02-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

Sorry, we are only allowing 1 per member for promotional pricing. We can certainly provide you with a second camshaft but it would have to be at the non-promotional pricing. Better hurry! It may be too late by Monday since the discounted versions are going pretty fast.

Chris-TU
    But I have 2 engines in one car! We'll see where things stand on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post
    But I have 2 engines in one car!
    LOL

Love how TU is cast into the cam, finally able to just tell what a cam is instead of having to measure and guess.

turbo addict

But I do!

Thank You for your order Shadow88! Your cams will be shipping out first thing in the morning. Looking forward to seeing photos of your unique project

Chris-TU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    LOL

Love how TU is cast into the cam, finally able to just tell what a cam is instead of having to measure and guess.
    We tried to get them to fit our logo but there is only so much room. We finally settled on just the "TU". We are also numbering the camshafts on the end for identification. You will see that when they arrive in a couple of days.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Interesting. I'll have to try my cam and then try this one,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

I just ordered one along with new lifters and followers. Hopefully I can get a few runs in before it starts snowing here.

Hybrid booster

Our goal is to go one step beyond that by including cam cards with every one sold. Thanks!

Chris-TU

Every cam shaft should come with a cam card. If not, then how are you supposed to know if it will work for you or not, or how to properly degree it in. I would never install a cam that didn't come with one.

Hybrid booster

Thank You for your order 88C/S! You received the last camshaft at the introductory price. Unfortunately you missed the shipping deadline for today. It will go out Monday Morning.

LSA will be determined next week and will be provided to all camshaft customers.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Saturday's camshaft orders shipped!!!

Woohoo, even better! Great idea to have "TU" stamped into the cam and have it numbered. Cam swap Wednesday!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

The words "very fragile" are not in the USPS dictionary.
    My box was pretty banged up and came with a letter saying USPS tore it up in one of their machines.
    But from what I saw, the cam appeared ok. Will look closer though.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

But, on a very positive note, I did find out who got this:
    Attachment 52020
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415273935037.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	52021

I hope MeanMini likes it along with the rest of her upgrades.
    Thanks again Chris. :thumbup:
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

My cams got here today! I can't provide a-b-a testing but I'm looking forward to a high lift roller cam in the car.

Oh, and packaging was almost frustrating to open because it was so good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12