Thread: Dual Pivot K Frame and a pair of stamped control arms (For an 87 Lancer)

Dual Pivot K Frame and a pair of stamped control arms (For an 87 Lancer)

Another unknown for me which years had this. Assuming 88 and up and also assuming that anything from a GPHK body will work, but I personally do not know. I also have a thread for a set of early model spindles that have the bolt-in hubs and use the 10mm bolt to affix the brake caliper. If you have the spindles, K frame and control arms, let me know. I have leads on the spindles and plan to be at Cecil in a few weeks, so I may be able to pick things up if I make it there but I can't confirm that yet.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: Dual Pivot K Frame and a pair of stamped control arms (For an 87 Lancer)

dual pivots and stamped LCA's came on the 89/90 GPHKJ cars. The spindles came on 87? to 90 minivans with 15" wheels or 89/90 Shelby Daytona's and Lebaron GTC's. The minivan hubs would need to be swapped for small bolt pattern car hubs but that's easy.

Jon make sure you get LCA bushings from Energy Suspension for it. They're almost as good as my spherical bearing setup.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

AJ had some dual pivot kframes laying around not too long ago but you might have to ship them.... It was about $30 via parcel post for a kframe if you just wrap it in cardboard.

What spindles are you trying to get? The bolt on caliper versions were 91+. There were bolt in wheel bearings on the 89/90 11" brakes but the spindle/caliper bracket were one piece. The 89/90 11" setup is lighter but the 91+ version has a better ball joint location.

-Rich

I have these, the ones on the left. They attach to the caliper with a 10mm bolt. The other large brakes as far as I know use a really large bolt. I need the spindles that have the bolt-in hubs and the brakes attach with 10mm bolts.

I'll be out there next week and see what AJ has. Cordes mentioned he has the K frame, but I'll check and see what AJ has.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120604_231659.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	443.7 KB 
ID:	51954
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

I have an 89 DP frame out of a J body, but I think it has the cast arms. If you're intersted you might be able to talk Craig into bringing it to Cecil.
    '88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

Thanks to everyone who posted. Someone on the board has everything (minus spindles), powdercoated, ball joints AND one of Johnny's sway bars and most importantly will be picked up in a couple weeks.

Thanks again for the information and offers!