Thread: OTC 4000E Operators manual

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

OTC 4000E Operators manual

I just got and OTC 4000E, it appears to be working but didn't have a manual included. Does anyone have a file out there with the manual or can you point me to a free download someplace?
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Re: OTC 4000E Operators manual

All, I have the 4000E figured out. I had to switch to 1987 LM to get the readings. There is one display item that I don't know what the abbreviation is for. It is (IBW). It's value is 1.9 but I don't know what it refers to, any help out there???
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Glad you got it figured out, not sure what IBW would be, I'd guess something to do with idle or ignition, but that's as far as I go ... anyone else? ...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Well, thanks to Turbodave I have my answer. (IBW)=injector band width.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

OK... That seems like an odd thing to reference, or an odd way to identify it, assuming that it is referring to what I would normally call injector pulse width, or time in milliseconds that the injector is "on"...

But regardless of my confusion, good to hear you got a factual answer!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

It puts a name on it anyway, and sparked further searches on this forum which turned up this discussion. http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-idc.htm The information there seemed to verify the number 1.9 based on the information I had at hand. I have to test the engine again and see if that IBW shows up on each injector scan. If it does, it's probably the correct definition.

Zin, I found this on Donovans Dodge Garage. Perhaps the IBM corresponds with the injector base pulse width mentioned here.

2 sensor generates voltage based on the oxygen in the exhaust flow.- Using this data your car's computer modifies the base pulsewidth of your injectors for maximum gas mileage and emissions. During wide open throttle however, the O2 sensor is ignored and the computer uses a factory preset pulsewidth for the injectors.

Your gauge displays this voltage output in a bar graph: each "bar" represents .1 volts. (assuming your using a gauge with just 10 bars, some have 20 now)- .5 volts is a perfect 14.7 to 1 fuel ratio- perfect for max gas mileage that is. For max power & engine safety, 12-11 to 1 is recommended (9-10 bars)

Note: NORMAL O2 sensors work in the 0.0 to 1.0 volt range.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn spell check, IBW

Today I spoke with OTC tech, he verified that IBW is injector bandwidth. He also said it was likely that it is specific to that particular LM program so if you see it on your 4000E, that's what it is.
    Jeff