Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SDAC and Carlisle 2015

turbo addict

SDAC and Carlisle 2015

Was wondering if these are close to each other next year...date wise and geographically?

Would love to make Carlisle in 2015, have not been there for a few years.
    If they are close I can do both, if not I need to decide which will happen next year.

I remember once it was close.

Can you leak this info yet?

Yes rumors are they are close, but I also heard Las Vegas...like every year.

Johnny
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Re: SDAC and Carlisle 2015

I'd like to be able to make both too. I go to Carlisle every year, but haven't been able to make an SDAC in a while.
    '88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

I know in the new issue of Up Front, they are discussing making SDAC-25 close to Carlisle, and close in time. I don't think anything has been set in stone yet though...
    Last edited by 83scamp; 10-29-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: grammar

turbo addict

They may or may not be close geographically but they would still be several weeks apart.

With all the awesome activities sdac puts on i just dont see how its possible do do both at the same time.

turbo addict

Time wise if one was one weekend and the other the next, us out here could then hit both.Other wise we need to choose.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

I've been to Carlisle every year for the past 9 years, but I've never been to SDAC. I'll be watching this.
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Was wondering if these are close to each other next year...date wise and geographically?

Would love to make Carlisle in 2015, have not been there for a few years.
    If they are close I can do both, if not I need to decide which will happen next year.

I remember once it was close.

Can you leak this info yet?

Yes rumors are they are close, but I also heard Las Vegas...like every year.

Johnny
    Short answer: No info to leak, all rumors are wrong at this point.

Politically correct answer posted elsewhere regarding the Carlisle Chrysler show:

SDAC management is in direct communications with the Carlisle show team about the 2015 Carlisle Chrysler show celebrating our beloved 80's mopars. We plan to again promote a large SDAC turnout at the Carlisle show next year to support this and are discussing cars for display. We had a great turnout this year and were able to get our SDAC club tent comped so thanks to all who came out and put SDAC as club affiliation!

Combining our annual SDAC convention with the Carlisle show has been looked at several times in the past and there are some challenges with the motorsports portion of our event, logistics and lodging as well.

We are currently considering many options for SDAC-25... Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Time wise if one was one weekend and the other the next, us out here could then hit both. Other wise we need to choose.
    Looking back many years, I think SDAC-7 was the weekend before Carlisle and it worked out OK with SDAC running the typical Saturday-Tuesday (or maybe it was Wednesday that year?) schedule and then group caravanning to Carlisle for the following weekend. This would be a great way to do it, however, the weekend before Carlisle in recent years has been the 4th of July weekend and we cannot hold SDAC-25 on a holiday weekend where so many of our participants surely have other obligations...

Unfortunately working our day jobs 50-70 hrs/week each, Dave and I are not on here as much as before. If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to e-mail us directly:

jt@sdac.org
    dave@sdac.org

Thanks!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

Just keep drumming up interest. (:

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

Carlisle is on my bucket list, and 2015 would be perfect if they're promoting Shelbys. Unfortunately, with new baby and new house it probably won't happen this year or any time soon.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

boostaholic

I had a freakin blast at sdac even though i didnt have my van there.Carlisle was alot of fun too but i had the van there.I did find a awesome hotel that myself anf jon trotter stayed at for carlisle.It was a haul 18 miles but $70 a night really nice rooms and the 2nd gen neon guys where staying next door.I vote for that hotel to be the host hotel.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

I heard rates at that hotel doubled since the famous Jon Trotter stayed there. Triple if you want the "Jon Trotter" suite.
    Last edited by glhs0075; 10-31-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by glhs0075 View Post
    I heard rates at that hotel doubled since the famous Jon Trotter stayed there. Triple if you want the "Jon Trotter" suite.
    Dam that guy always messing things up

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glhs0075 View Post
    The Jon Trotter suite is actually at my place. It's invite only and you don't want to know the rate.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

Does SDAC always have to follow at the end of June? Is that written in stone? Having that date fluctuate could open up new windows possibly... what the hell do I know
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

turbo addict

I want to do BOTH!!

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 30 PSI SHADOW View Post
    Does SDAC always have to follow at the end of June? Is that written in stone? Having that date fluctuate could open up new windows possibly... what the hell do I know
    Blame me. I originally chose the date as at the time it didn't conflict with other Mopar events. And I kept to that date so folks could plan their next year vacations late in the current year or early the following year, even if the site for the next year's event had not been decided.

But if it is time to change it, I'm cetrainly not against it (and I no longer have any voice in the matter either). But changing it means that the site selection would have to be done much earlier (and THAT is difficult to do). Many folks need to get their vacation schedules submitted very early in the year (including me when I was still working).

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Hybrid booster

I have never made it to Chrysler's at Carlisle, but would love to get there some day. Having an SDAC in conjunction with that event might just be the thing that finally gets me there.

If changing the date of SDAC is being looked at, instead of the week before, I would vote for trying to use Sunday's Carlisle show as the SDAC car show and then try to do the track days and other SDAC events that Mon/Tues. That way SDAC folks can get away with taking off the same amount of time they normally do for SDAC. Also, after the Carlisle event ended, wouldn't things calm down in the area and options would hopefully open up for us?

It sounds like this is an option that is being looked at, and if it is, I'm in!

turbo addict

I like that idea!

turbo addict

I know this...the changes to the SDAC schedule this year were welcomed!

My ony comment would be to host the car show from 1-4 pm.

Leave for show and have brunch somewhere, car show then have dinner somewhere on the drive home.

Having a car show from 9-2 pm for me means........Not being able to eat breakfast because car show too early and have to prep car then having to eat hotdogs at car show

Then combining awards and dinner was yet another great decision this year.

turbo addict

Car show at 9 too early?

Get out of bed sooner!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast