Thread: ECUs 03-05 the same?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

ECUs 03-05 the same?

I'm just wondering if the ECU I grabbed at the J/Y from an 05 can be made to work in my 03-04 PT GTs?

I understand they need to be programed with the VIN at the least, but, am hoping that the 05 can be programed to work with the older cars so I can mess with programers and still swap in a stock/known to be good unit should I get out of my depth... BTW, the 05 ECU is not from a turbo model.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Garrett booster

Re: ECUs 03-05 the same?

put stock in.. keeping vin correct
    get a dsp and reflash the tune -- if you're going for big power get some 80# injectors, 3bar map/tip and get a rescale (i.e. duster360 over on srtforums.com)

So the "spare"I picked up isn't compatible? , or just not as practical as reflashing the stock unit?

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    So the "spare"I picked up isn't compatible? , or just not as practical as reflashing the stock unit?

Mike
    No, the NON-turbo pcm's and turbo PCM's are different and not interchangeable. Also the programming for 2003 is different from 04 and that is different from 05 which is different from 06...... also manual vs automatic pcms are different from each other
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Dang, I was hoping we'd gotten to the point of having just one PCM that could just be programmed for whatever configuration was present ... but maybe that makes too much sense?

Mike

- Edmund Burke

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    Dang, I was hoping we'd gotten to the point of having just one PCM that could just be programmed for whatever configuration was present ... but maybe that makes too much sense?

Mike
    Now you're talking like we're working on '80's-90's GM cars.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=