Thread: Mopar Fall Fling 25 Oct

Hybrid booster

Mopar Fall Fling 25 Oct

Anyone going to Mopar Fall Fling in Van Nuys, Ca next weekend? If I get the Spirit running I will take it. Otherwise I probably wont go. www.cpwclub.com for more info.

Hybrid booster

Re: Mopar Fall Fling 25 Oct

Maybe.

turbo addict

I can't this time. SEMA is taking its place for me.

great event though. Will be there in the spring.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

I'm going to this and SEMA. Bringing the VP Challenger and a ton of Mopar stuff for sale. Also, getting to drive the Hellcat.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Ill probably roll something out there. Supposed to go to a costume party that evening but I think I can do both

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

If I get the Spirit running, I will probably drive down there for it. Not sure if I will be in the Spirit though. Don't know if I trust driving that far away from home with it yet since it's only ran for about 40 miles the whole time I have owned it.

Hybrid booster

Posted on another forum.

Mopar Muscle Magazine will be bringing a new 707 horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat to the show to check out. This car has not be released to the public yet and the car on display is a Factory Press car pre-production.

Quote Originally Posted by HSKR View Post
    Posted on another forum.
    Yup, its confirmed. Mr. Hunkins will be driving the Hellcat Challenger. I'll be bringing this one:

Attachment 51903
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Great show! Sold a bunch of stuff and got to play around with the Hellcat-even go a gear or two against it in the VP car. Good times. I'd post pics except that its become a giant hassle.

Not being able to post pics is killing this site.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    That is the truth.

http://imageshack.com/a/img743/3844/qmFWnp.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img908/7616/h4FA3g.jpg

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    That is the truth.

Just use the IMG codes, or the insert pic icon at top of reply window to link pics from off the site. Fixed your post.

boostaholic

True statement. I do find it rather ridiculous...every other forum I am involved in allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post

Hybrid booster

I have no problems posting pics, but I'm not trying to upload them as "attachments" having the forum host them. I've never had a problem with Photobucket or dropshots for posting pics and they come up in bigger size so you don't have to click on attachments to see them. just use the [img] codes, or the insert image icon that looks like a little picture frame, and host the pics somewhere more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by HSKR View Post
    I have no problems posting pics, but I'm not trying to upload them as "attachments" having the forum host them. I've never had a problem with Photobucket or dropshots for posting pics and they come up in bigger size so you don't have to click on attachments to see them. just use the [img] codes, or the insert image icon that looks like a little picture frame, and host the pics somewhere more reliable.

I think you are still missing my point of TM.com 'owning' or hosting the pics. You've been around for a year or so now so surely you can identify with the sense of community we have here. Even before FaceBook or Instagram or SnapWhatever, I've shared pics of most of my projects and plenty of family and personal shots too. If I want to go back to a picture from 8-9 years ago on TM.com, I can just grab it and repost it, copy it(as you mentioned last time when you felt you had to 'explain' to me that anyone with a computer can do just that) or do whatever I'd like with it, the collective 'We' owns it and this is what adds strength to our forum. Try clicking on a three year old link to a PhotoSuckit hosted image and see what happens...

Hybrid booster

People are complaining about not being able to post pictures. They can if they choose to not be limited by the forum software which is obviously not working right now. Once you post a pic online in a public forum, its no longer "yours", nor is it owned by anyone. There are no copywrite laws to prevent anyone from using the pics once posted here. And I can go back to my photobucket album and relink any picture in my album the same as you can with pics hosted here and it shows up, as well and link it anywhere else I want, and be able to share with my friends and family by sending them the link to my album without them having to be member of tm. You have your preference and opinion on using a now broken system, and I have mine about using something that still works as always.

Of course there are work arounds-I just prefer a quick functioning pic link to a post that I'm writing. More often than not, I'll not bother to post if it means no instant pic link. It may sound ridiculous but with three dozen ongoing projects, an art business to run, teaching art to chimps and trying to get out on the bike once in a while-every second is precious.

Hybrid booster