Thread: flashable smec

Hybrid booster

flashable smec

I want to buy this but want some info. Is it flashable in car or do you have to put chips in it as you change tunes. How is the learning curve on tuning with it. I have no experience with doing my own tunes so all i have ever done is timing and fuel pressure tuning and im not very good at that. So just like to hear how its working for others that were in the same boat with the learning curve of doing this thanks

turbo addict

Re: flashable smec

The flashing is done in-car. You start with the key off, select flash in mptune, you are prompted to then boot up the ecu in flash mode (by applying power to an added wire in the 60way connector and turning key on) the software then flashes the chip. After its done you turn the key off, remove power from the extra wire and you're done. The flash process is an easy learn but tuning is a little more difficult. Lots of parameters to play with that can cause engine harm. The good news is that you can use pre made cals for the time being and slowly tinker with stuff until you get the hang of it. Lots of info here and plenty of people willing to help you out.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.