Thread: Upgraded larger front brakes for Minivans that came with stock 10's.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Upgraded larger front brakes for Minivans that came with stock 10's.

Ok, theres a few ways, here are the ones I know 1st Gen vans only, that is up to 90.

First, grab a Grand Mini or one with stock 15 inch wheels-these have 11 inch fronts and the same rear BUT 5x4.5 bolt pattern vs standard 5x100. Get around this by using the knuckle, brakes and use a 5x100 wheel hub. Brake lines bolt up no problem.

2nd-Swap in Shelby Z 11 inch setup, similiar to above but the correct hub.

3rd and this is alot of work but I think the best way-
    Grab a 2nd Gen K-member, cast control arms, knuckles. Then find a Grand or stock 15 inch wheel version and grab the calipers and knuckles. Then find some car wheel bearings and rotors due to wheel pattern again. 91 and up cars and vans use the same caliper bracket spacing so they all interchange.
    Another option, use a 2nd Gen K-member and any Lebaron GTC or Spirit R/T 11 inch setup but the wheels will rub on full lock due to the tie rods being placed differently-thats the setup I am using.

You can upgrade the master to a D150 or use the stock 24mm. I am using the larger one and the pedal is much firmer and stops better. Using braided lines, drilled rotors, cermaic pads etc is all better stuff you can do.

Rears, only one option, rear disc and NOTHING will just bolt on, so don't think it will, the Mini spindle bolt pattern is larger and 1/2 longer than a car. So, what do you do, you have a plate made up-heres the link-

Have fun and happy stopping.
    Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 05-26-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Redone for the KC.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info