Thread: Rust Free/Good Paint '88 CSXT -or- 8V spirit

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Rust Free/Good Paint '88 CSXT -or- 8V spirit

Date: 14th October 2014
    Username: MNmopar
    Full Name: Josh Viste
    City, State, Zip: Green Bay area, Wisconsin

Over the last 2 years or so, I've really started missing the turbo 8v spirit that I used to have. I've also always liked the '88 csxt's... so I'm looking for a NICE turbo spirit or CSXT. I'd really like the spirit to be a manual, but it wouldn't necessarily be a deal killer if the right one is an auto. Rust free, and good paint are much more important than the engine condition. Black would be my personal choice of color, but I'd be interested in anything as long as it doesn't have a red interior.

As far as the CSXT is concerned, I'd just like to find one as rust-free as possible with good paint. I don't care about the engine, but I'd like it to have all of the bits it came with from the factory (no missing rare parts).

The final thing is probably the biggest obstacle... I'd really like to find the "dream car" in the Midwest so I don't have to have the car shipped. It just costs too much to ship these things to a small town in Wisconsin. I mean, I'd consider any car in the U.S. (absolutely no Canadian cars), but I'd really like to be able to pick it up.

So... yeah, I'm limiting myself here, but if you know of anything like this, please let me know!

Hybrid booster

Re: Rust Free/Good Paint '88 CSXT -or- 8V spirit

maybe Todd will sell you his CSXT, just ask.

Lynn Travers in St. Louis has one for $5,000. Sending pm with phone number. It was an Az. car and hasn't seen snow in St. Louis.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS069 View Post
    maybe Todd will sell you his CSXT, just ask.
    I was just at Todds house last weekend, and I nudged him about selling it, but he wasn't having it. That is a very, very nice car... as is the norm with Todd.

Looneytuner, thanks for the tip. I just saw that I have a pm from you, I'll look into it!

Friend of mine is selling his 89' Spirit 5 speed in Maryland. It's white though, black interior. I think it's like 95% rust free, nothing major for sure. It has a 2 piece intake and a Garrett turbo on it, +20's 3 bar map. He put in a rad/IC from an R/T in it. So it's essentially a 2.5L T2 car, running 17 PSI boost. It also has an A523 swap with a short shifter, and 90' SBEC electronics with a socketed ECU, latch adapter, and custom calibration that I did for him. He has a 3'' cat back exhaust and fake cat for it that goes with the car, not installed. He was going to use the stock downpipe so he has a 2.5 to 3'' adapter too. Also has rear disc brakes swapped on, non vented rotors but still way better than drums of course. He's only selling because he picked up a 97' saab 900 turbo and got more interested in that. He wants 1200 for it, PM me about it and I'll get you his contact info so he can send you pics etc.
    Last edited by moparzrule; 10-19-2014 at 09:16 AM.