Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 89 Dodge Shadow ES

Mitsu booster

Re: 89 Dodge Shadow ES

Thanks for the replies, are the turbo P-bodies more rare? It seems like I see more turbo daytonas and omnis around than anything else, it might just be my area though. I've always liked the P-bodies ever since my parents had a 86 sundance and then I bought a 93 tbi shadow as a winter beater I fell in love with them. I couldn't believe it when I found this ES shadow so close too me in such great shape.

turbo addict

Hey nice car! Good to see white ones that still have paint on them. I also had a 4 dr white 89 ES Shadow like iTurbo for years. Put almost 300K on it before floorboards got so soft it was time to scrap it.
    What I would do if you want increased HP. Intercool it for sure, 2.5" Exhaust with maybe a 3" downpipe, Put on a real turbo (s-60 works great with the 2.5) & a little more fuel and it will be close to a low 13 second vehicle (with traction) at around 104-105 MPH.
    Be thankful yours is a manual tranny. If it was an auto, you would be down around 5 MPG on hwy. I switched over my 89 Sunlight yellow Shadow to a 5 spd, and the first time I drove it it was like I was driving a completely different vehicle. Way more fun to drive too. Here a couple pics of my 89's I used to own.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Todd's 4 dr.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	51960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4859.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	51961  

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Thanks for the replies, are the turbo P-bodies more rare? It seems like I see more turbo daytonas and omnis around than anything else, it might just be my area though. I've always liked the P-bodies ever since my parents had a 86 sundance and then I bought a 93 tbi shadow as a winter beater I fell in love with them. I couldn't believe it when I found this ES shadow so close too me in such great shape.

They were cheaper and thus run into the ground. Daytona were a bit pricy so I figure better looked after. I remember a time in the mid 90s when every second car on the road was a P-body. everyone here had em.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    They were cheaper and thus run into the ground. Daytona were a bit pricy so I figure better looked after. I remember a time in the mid 90s when every second car on the road was a P-body. everyone here had em.
    Yep. Shadow were everywhere and the Shadow America was super cheap for what you got IMO. The 94 America with a 2.5 TBI and manual trans may well be the best daily driver car ever made.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Hey nice car! Good to see white ones that still have paint on them. I also had a 4 dr white 89 ES Shadow like iTurbo for years. Put almost 300K on it before floorboards got so soft it was time to scrap it.
    What I would do if you want increased HP. Intercool it for sure, 2.5" Exhaust with maybe a 3" downpipe, Put on a real turbo (s-60 works great with the 2.5) & a little more fuel and it will be close to a low 13 second vehicle (with traction) at around 104-105 MPH.
    Be thankful yours is a manual tranny. If it was an auto, you would be down around 5 MPG on hwy. I switched over my 89 Sunlight yellow Shadow to a 5 spd, and the first time I drove it it was like I was driving a completely different vehicle. Way more fun to drive too. Here a couple pics of my 89's I used to own.
    Todd
    Thanks, you had some nice shadows. I really like that yellow. For now I'm going to keep the tiny mitsubishi turbo and just do simple bolt ons.

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    That makes sense, I've never thought of it that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12