Thread: Chilton repair manual

Garrett booster

Chilton repair manual

Does anyone happen to have a .PDF version of the Chilton's repair manual for a '91 Daytona with a 4cyl turbo that they could share?

Hybrid booster

Re: Chilton repair manual

I have the 1991 factory FSM manuals, what do you need? I could email you relevant pages from work if you aren't in need of the entire thing.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Garrett booster

I need to replace my fuel injectors.

Hybrid booster

Oh thats about the easiest process on these cars. Disconnect the injector harness connector, unbolt the two bolts in the fuel rail. Disconnect the vacuum hose in the pressure regulator, and unscrew/remove the two fuel rail hoses. Then gently pull the whole unit up. All 4 will come out with the rail. They may be a little stiff, the o-rings often get worn and adhere to the injector bores in the intake over time.

Someting that may help a little is a very small shot of WD-40 on the injectors at the bore openings. That little bit of lube will help them slide out easier. Then with the rail out, pop all 4 injector connectors off their harness plugs, pull the retaining clips off the injectors, and they pop right off the rail.

Reinstallation is reverse.Im sure someone can get you a few pics for reference, if not the FSM copies are your best bet. I may have a step by step in one of my "parts store" Chiltons or Haynes manuals.

Hybrid booster

I would add to that make sure you have a new set of o-rings with your new injectors. I replace the o-rings any time I take them out, they tear really easy.

I'll check the FSM tonight and see if there is anything that I can scan to help you out. but like previously posted it's very easy. Two 10mm bolts come out and the whole rail is out of there.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Garrett booster

I thought it would be pretty simple. Thnx.

Hybrid booster

I found the section on removing the fuel rail. After that the injectors just have a clip holding them in place, and a clip keeping the plug secure.
    Attached Files Attached Files