Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6AN male to 1/4 barb or hard line fitting for AFPR

6AN male to 1/4 barb or hard line fitting for AFPR

Anybody have the AN threaded return fitting for an ACCUFAB FPR. I have the thing, cant find a simple 6AN male to hose barb anyplace. all i find is threaded both ends. I need to put my AFPR in my car and nothing is helping me. I had a 6AN to 3/8 line but its too thick, the injector line is only 1/4. Don't seem to know where to get what i need. anybody see one someplace or have one lying around??

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: 6AN male to 1/4 barb or hard line fitting for AFPR

I just put a univeral AFPR on my omni. If you have the universal acufab one that TU sells, and it is 3/8ths NPT thread on there, you will need to run a 3/8ths NPT to 1/4" hose barb fitting. Put that on there and then just bend and flare some 1/4 brake line to put it where you need it to go and then use 1/4" EFI fuel line to connect it all.

If your AFPR is of the style that requires the metric saginaw PS style fitting, then you can get a fitting to go from metric to 6AN, then you can get a fitting that will adapt hard tube to 6AN. I used a stub of 5/16ths to make a barb for my line. Hope this helps. I will be adding all this to my site in a week or so.

its not the universal style one. i had a GM fuel line with fitting from their system, fit the regulator, but the line coming out was a 3/8, it fit but eventually it ripped my return line. its definately AN thread i was told, but get from AN to barb is the problem

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    its not the universal style one. i had a GM fuel line with fitting from their system, fit the regulator, but the line coming out was a 3/8, it fit but eventually it ripped my return line. its definately AN thread i was told, but get from AN to barb is the problem
    There's a hose supply shop near my house. Give them a call and see if they have anything like that available (most likely), they had in stock the -5 a/n o-ring to compression fittings we needed instock a few months back so I'm sure something simple would be easy.

www.mcgillhose.com

the stock TII fuel pressure regulator fitting (AN-style male thread X hose) that threads into the stock TII FPR will swap over to the Accufab unit. that's what i used.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    The GM style fitting is NOT an AN fitting. It is a saginaw fitting which is metric and a common power steering thread application. Do a search on www.turbobuick.com. Their stock FPR uses the same thread as the accufab unit that TU and FWD sell as a stock replacement for are car with the exception of needing the washers. That is because it is a AFPR origionally designed for a turbo regal.

If your AFPR does take an AN fitting, it is not the GM saginaw style fitting which I have seen on most all of the GMs.

It takes a line that seals with the little oring on the end. its a -6AN with o-ring. i know this because ive checked it out. cant find one with a 1/4 line or barb tho

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Are you using the rail-mounted Accufab? If so, the female thread on the regulator for the fuel return is 14mm x 1.5 thread; not -6AN.

ok so its not a AN, still havent found anything with a barb or pipe end to hook a 1/4 line to

A later T-I car will hvae a fitting into the end of the stock regulator with a few inches of 1/4" return line with a barb end.

what year later TI car. i could hit junkyards if i have an idea what to look at. i have an 84 TI here. older than that or newer ?

Hybrid booster

yeah a Log Car

no later T1, the log manifold FPR's just have hose barb on them already, no fittings. YOu need to look for someithing 88 and newer.

Hybrid booster

Weird cause I have two sitting infront of me from an 84 T1 and an 85 T1 that are both screw in fittings

another wild goose chase i can see coming. i checked a 1 piece intake TII cars motor, nothing there, checked a TII 2 piece intake motor, nothing there. anybody going to the junkyard that can snag me one for a few bucks. but he is right , my 84 has the screw in style. sweet im set if i can get it out. could use anothe one also since i wont be able to move my 84 if i take this one off

weird cause my 84 doesn't, and the FPR on it mounts to the firewall, oh well learn something new everyday.

u are absolutely right its mounts to the firewall, but the fitting at the base of the FPR on the firewall screws in. its not like the pic he posted, but its a screw in, not a rail mount solid one piece regulator

....another thing: are you even suppose to use a hose barb on a high pressure gasoline supply or return line? i've never seen that as OEM-style.....the way the stock hoses connect has a lot more integrity as once the clamp is secured the rubber hose will not pop off since there's a buldged-OD on the steel lines...even the stock Bosch FPR doesn't use hose barb connections..just a thought. an engine fire is a real bummer.

bummer in the from a stock TI dept, mine has a nut on the fpr, but that is to hold the reg in place on the bracket. a return line isnt under as nearly as much pressure as the 3/8 inlet. if there was a fitting out there for this thing i wouldnt still be looking, but anyplace i look doesnt make anything such. still need something to work with. as far as an underhood fire goes, ill take my chances if i can find out with a hose barb at the least, no flaring on the end i'll even deal with

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

If you want, I'll get the TBI fitting and fit a barbed fitting on for you. I figure around $20-$30 or less depending on what the wreckers charge me for the line. LMK.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast