Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest- Chrysler .63 A/R turbine housing Group Buy

boostaholic

Re: Gauging Interest- Chrysler .63 A/R turbine housing Group Buy

Chris, can I pay my remaining balance? Can you send me an invoice? If I didn't already mention I want both stage 1.
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

Quote Originally Posted by jl93sundance View Post
    Chris, can I pay my remaining balance? Can you send me an invoice? If I didn't already mention I want both stage 1.
    The manufacturer is making the two design changes we requested and then they will machine the balance of the order. The requests pushed us back a little on delivery date. Until we at least have a tracking number and can gauge actual delivery date we would prefer to hold off on balance payments.

In the mean time we should be hearing some feedback on product since most of the samples were received today.

Thanks!!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Wow, those look awesome, great job Chris.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

I received my stage 3 housing in the mail today. It was one of the samples in the pics above. I just wanted to let people know that the cast quality and machining is extremely good. IMO, at LEAST as good as the OEM Turbonetics .63 housings. I have a NOS Turbonetics stage 1 .63 housing to compare it to. I don't see much of any casting flash or anything in the scroll. Better in that regard than my NOS one. Wastegate hole is actually machined vs. the raw casting of the Garrett and Turbonetics housing. Exceeded my expectations that is for sure. You guys on this group buy are gonna like these.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanmanČ View Post
    Wow, those look awesome, great job Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    I received my stage 3 housing in the mail today. It was one of the samples in the pics above. I just wanted to let people know that the cast quality and machining is extremely good. IMO, at LEAST as good as the OEM Turbonetics .63 housings. I have a NOS Turbonetics stage 1 .63 housing to compare it to. I don't see much of any casting flash or anything in the scroll. Better in that regard than my NOS one. Wastegate hole is actually machined vs. the raw casting of the Garrett and Turbonetics housing. Exceeded my expectations that is for sure. You guys on this group buy are gonna like these.
    Todd
    Thanks for the Kudos Guys! These housings really turned out better then we had hoped for being a limited production run.

Production units are scheduled to arrive here in May. We will keep everyone updated in this thread regarding delivery dates.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

boostaholic

so what is the difference between first shipment and production?

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
    so what is the difference between first shipment and production?

Wastegate hole will be correct size and additional clearancing for swingvalve arm. Those are the only two changes we requested that they make.

See this post for details:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1075130

Did you receive your housing yet?

Chris-TU

boostaholic

Not yet. On the road so it gets delivered to my mail box at the UPS store.

So the housing I will receive will have a 0.69 wastegate hole that I should likely open up to 0.81?

How should this be done? I dont have access to a mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Wastegate hole will be correct size and additional clearancing for swingvalve arm. Those are the only two changes we requested that they make.

See this post for details:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1075130

Did you receive your housing yet?

Chris-TU

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Mine arrived Monday. Excellent quality part. Thanks for doing these

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
    Not yet. On the road so it gets delivered to my mail box at the UPS store.

So the housing I will receive will have a 0.69 wastegate hole that I should likely open up to 0.81?

How should this be done? I dont have access to a mill.
    The wastegate holes for the samples were already opened up to the correct size before they were shipped out. You won't need to do anything.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

boostaholic

Sweet thanks! And my glhs thanks you too.

Hybrid booster

they look good, should be fun

boostaholic

Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by jl93sundance View Post
    Any update?
    Yes, we expect product to be completed and shipped end of month. Once they are in our hands we will be billing the balance of the order including shipping (about $120).

Was just about to update everyone but you beat me to it.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster

Received and noted in Post above.

Received your PM. Will send you email with options later today (USA today, not Europe today )

Chris-TU
    Chris don't forget me, I forgot Europe was so far from the other side of the pond

boostaholic

Yes, we expect product to be completed and shipped end of month. Once they are in our hands we will be billing the balance of the order including shipping (about $120).

Was just about to update everyone but you beat me to it.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Awesome! Is there any way I can pay right now so there is no delay in shipping mine? All that i'm waiting for to put my motor in is this!

Hybrid booster

So........shipping tomorrow?

Last thing holding up a power train drop to swap a new turbo, two-piece and your purple 4 puck clutch.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Quote Originally Posted by dwh4784 View Post
    So........shipping tomorrow?

Last thing holding up a power train drop to swap a new turbo, two-piece and your purple 4 puck clutch.
    We have been in contact with the manufacturer daily to coordinate the completion and shipment of the housings. Right now we have a tentative arrival date of 6/17. It may be sooner but hopefully not later. We were planning on collecting the balance from everyone once they ship from our manufacturer, but, we are going to allow people to start paying now instead. This will give us more time to prepare the USPS Priority Mail shipping boxes and labels so they are ready to go once the housings arrive. Group buy participants should have them in 2-3 days from when they ship out.

Click on the link below to complete your Group Buy Purchase-
    http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/chry...ngs-p-487.html

You must include your Group Buy deposit order number in the comment section when selecting "yes" in "Balance Of Group Buy" drop down box. If you did not pay the deposit then you cannot get the lower Group Buy price.

We have several extra housings in Stages 1 through 3 in case anyone is interested in picking one up. First come, first serve as there are limited quantities.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TU 63AR Sample.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	54899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TU 63AR Sample 2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	54898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TU 63AR Sample 3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	54897
    Last edited by Chris W; 05-29-2015 at 04:08 PM.

boostaholic

If someones desparate I have my stage 1 sitting here that wont get used for a long while

turbo addict

Brought my stage 3 housing to our MITP car show just to show some of the guys during our lunch hour. Everyone there thought they looked great. Not too often a reproduction turns out as good or better than the original.
    Todd

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast