Thread: Gauging interest as I consider parting with it all

Garrett booster

Gauging interest as I consider parting with it all

Date: 07th October 2014
    Username: MoparN75
    Full Name: Stan Ferguson
    City, State, Zip: Boonsboro, MD
    Selling or Wanted Price: I have the following:
    1987 Shelby Charger GLHS clone. Looks and runs decent but needs works. $1,000,000 or best offer
    1986 Chrysler Town & Country T2 conversion. Very good body, no rust. Has intermittent miss. $1,500,000.00 or best offer
    1989 Plymouth Voyager factory turbo 5 speed. Rough, with rocker panel and some fender well rust. Needs fuel pump and motor has high mileage and rattles when ya start it. $500,00.00 or best offer.

PRICES POSTED ARE SIMPLY TO SATISFY THE TM REQUIREMENTS... unless your new here and wanna pay such an inflated price, in which case I also have a bridge I've lost interest in.... j/s

I also have a couple trans 520 and 555, as well as a number of a/t that would need work. Also a number of engine blocks and heads. A complete high mileage 2.5 T1.
    An unused OBX for the 520 that I was gonna put in the SC (currently a/t).
    I've got all kinds of misc TD stuff including two SC parts cars.
    I'm considering parting with it all but I'd hate to trade it in or just take it to Conservit.

Description: see above. Photos of the van are on an earlier thread but I don't remember how I posted them. I tried posting pic on here but was unable to do so.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.
    Last edited by MoparN75; 10-07-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    88 LeBaron convertible 2.5 T2 {garrett} w/555 T-U 3bar plus 40 cal mildly ported swirl w/back-cut valves 86 supra front mounted I/C 223whp@19psi 14.352 @ 99.25mph RETIRED '87 SC (GLHS CLONE) TII with stage II MP currently a/t '89 Voyager factory 2.5 turbo 5spd garrett, 3" from dp back '86 Chysler T&C TII conversion

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Gauging interest as I consider parting with it all

Hi Stan,

Please see below.

Selling or Wanted Price:

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Please add the missing information (Selling Price) for each of the vehicles for sale.

Thanks.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Garrett booster

Somewhat unreasonable request I think given as I stated, I'm simply attempting to see if anyone might be interested.
    88 LeBaron convertible 2.5 T2 {garrett} w/555 T-U 3bar plus 40 cal mildly ported swirl w/back-cut valves 86 supra front mounted I/C 223whp@19psi 14.352 @ 99.25mph RETIRED '87 SC (GLHS CLONE) TII with stage II MP currently a/t '89 Voyager factory 2.5 turbo 5spd garrett, 3" from dp back '86 Chysler T&C TII conversion

I think the intention of the rule is to avoid "gauging interest" threads in the for sale section.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

boostaholic

I'll PM you.. rust wont get any worse over here.
    MinivanRider

Hybrid booster

So how about making a "feelers" section as well. Other forums I belong to due this for those just gauging interest in parts.

Garrett booster

I second what HSKR said. Or at the least direct one 'where' to post such a thread.

turbo addict

Buying interest would depends on parts, pictures, asking price, and if you're willing to ship or not.

Currently, the selling market is slow and low.

Quote Originally Posted by HSKR View Post
    So how about making a "feelers" section as well. Other forums I belong to due this for those just gauging interest in parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparN75 View Post
    I second what HSKR said. Or at the least direct one 'where' to post such a thread.
    I think the lounge would be a place to start a discussion about the value of vehicles, or if there is a subforum specific to the vehicle.
    I don't want to sound like an internet bully, but I feel the decision as to weather or not to sell an item should be made before posting it in the "for sale" section.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

If there isn't enough "action" to merit a specific sub section (and I'm pretty sure that's the case) I agree that the lounge would be the best place, if for no other reason than the post would get more exposure. Just put "feeler", etc as the first word in bold.

To the OP's original post, unless you're desperate, or completely fed up, I'd take some time and sell the stuff individually, otherwise you'll probably have to practically give it away before you'll find someone willing and able to make the buy.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Garrett booster

Garrett booster

And a couple of the SC.
    Attachment 51794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC2 (2).JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	51798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc3.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	51799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC4.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	51800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC5.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	51801
    Attached Images Attached Images