Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a good CSRT specific forum?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

What's a good CSRT specific forum?

I've already signed up with calibersrt4.net trying to find a few parts for mine, but I seem to be having communication issues with these kids.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: What's a good CSRT specific forum?

Oh man tell me about it.

What are you looking for? I have a BIG tub full of parts for mine I hope to install this winter.

Stock air box snorkel that routes the air from the grille to the air box.

turbo addict

If you can't find one, I work at a dealer and could get you one for my price.

I was actually about ready to just price one at the dealer to avoid the headache. Go ahead and see what you can do and PM me with the price.

Hybrid booster

Aha, I was wondering the same questions...

And I need to get that part too, go figure. Mine has a hole on the top and I am missing the rod that hold the hood.

Odd, I looked at one in Oklahoma that was missing the prop rod, and saw an ad on the CSRT board where someone is selling his prop rod.

As for the airbox piece, most of them seem to think that it's ugly and serves no purpose. Even on the local SRT group on Facebook, I got the argument "It doesn't matter that you're pulling in hot engine bay air, because that's what you INTERCOOLER is for!" I immediately left that group. Otherwise, they simply don't understand what I'm asking for. Here's the thread I have going on calibersrt4.net, if you can read it: http://www.calibersrt4.net/showthread.php?t=59593

What's up with these kids?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=57-1560

This is the airbox that is in the car. What I do not have is the piece that feeds the airbox from the grille.

turbo addict

Must register to view the thread. I'll take your word that you'll be more productive asking the creepy neighbor if he has one in the 4 ft tall forest that most people would call a back yard. I posted on the Heartland Modern Mopar FB page for ya also.
    Last edited by 86Shelby; 10-01-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

I'm betting a lot of those guys also saw the Omaha SRT thread that turned into an argument of idiots.

turbo addict

Kind of forgot about this thread. Did you end up finding one?

No, not yet.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

There are so few of those which were made and so few groups of guys like us out there. I think you'll be searching for a while. Heck, I should buy one and start a site with ads. I could make out I bet.

I would research the part number and then look on wholsalemopar.com for a good price. I was able to find a new valve cover for my CSRT for less than $50 from them and it even included the gasket, bolts, and PCV valve.

Despite being plastic, the valve cover held up very well to being powder coated three times (base/color/clear).

EDIT: I just remembered that I have actually removed the 'snorkel' part of the air intake on my CSRT. I did this because I have installed the aftermarket upper radiator cover from Inline Carbon (formerly Gizmos Retrofits). The new upper radiator cover does not have provision for the 'snorkel', which I ordered without it because I have a new intake from NeedsWings that I will be installing this winter. I will see if I can get the part number off the snorkel which is out in my garage somewhere...

By the way, how is your "lower splash guard" doing? I replaced my stock plastic piece with a metal/powdercoated one from Inline Carbon....Had no idea mine was busted up so bad until I looked under the front bumper...The stock plastic splash guard is a piece of crap and gets busted up if you look at it crosseyed.
    Last edited by iTurbo; 10-07-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Lol I had seen that splash guard issue mentioned and checked it out when I did the oil change. Yeah, it's pretty torn up even though there's not a mark to be found on the lower airdam. That is something I plan to upgrade in the future, but I'm not going to worry about it at least until winter is over. I'll be replacing my foglights then as well. My current ones work great, but they're pretty yellowed and cracking. But there's no sense replacing them now with the Nebraska road crews gearing up to salt and sand the roads in the next few weeks. Heck, on that note, I should probably get some of that 3M protective film for my airdam and nose . . .

Does that replacement splash panel still let you use the cooling ducts for the brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    There are so few of those which were made and so few groups of guys like us out there. I think you'll be searching for a while. Heck, I should buy one and start a site with ads. I could make out I bet.
    You likely could. I know I'd be happy to have more people with more technical knowledge and mechanical experience than kids who just seem to focus on engine dress ups, bigger wheels, and sick stereo installs. I am glad to see at least a couple familiar faces (or at least screen names) like Jeremy and Neil Emero on the CSRT board. But I'm finding that with the low production numbers, the Caliber SRT4 is every bit a niche market as the old guard. Being still somewhat new, there's a fair amount of aftermarket support and still a good availability of factory parts, but give it twenty years and I bet these cars will be even harder to keep up than our first generation turbo Mopars. Which is why if I make any upgrades to mine, the stock parts will definitely be tucked away for safekeeping.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    I posted on the Heartland Modern Mopar FB page for ya also.
    I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HSKR View Post
    I'm sorry.
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Lol I had seen that splash guard issue mentioned and checked it out when I did the oil change. Yeah, it's pretty torn up even though there's not a mark to be found on the lower airdam. That is something I plan to upgrade in the future, but I'm not going to worry about it at least until winter is over. I'll be replacing my foglights then as well. My current ones work great, but they're pretty yellowed and cracking. But there's no sense replacing them now with the Nebraska road crews gearing up to salt and sand the roads in the next few weeks. Heck, on that note, I should probably get some of that 3M protective film for my airdam and nose . . .

Does that replacement splash panel still let you use the cooling ducts for the brakes?
    Yes, it worked perfectly with my brake cooling ducts! I was very satisfied with the new splash guard from Inline Carbon/Gizmos Retrofits. I had to remove the entire front bumper cover from the car to install it but it was surprisingly easy to do.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Oh gee, I dunno, maybe because I was kicked out of the group I started because my cheating whore of an Ex-wife was the president by default, only because I wasn't in Nebraska when we decided to try and become a more formal club and assign Exec positions. Which, by the way, they should be electing new Execs soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast