Thread: Turbo Dodges take Lawrenceburg Indiana by storm

Threaded View

Mitsu booster

Turbo Dodges take Lawrenceburg Indiana by storm (pics added)

Yesterday the Lawrenceburg Indiana Car Show was invaded by two low mileage original survivor 1986 Turbo Dodges. For the first time this year my brother and I got his '86 Shelby Charger and my '86 Turbo Z together at a show. The show takes place on the downtown streets of this small Indiana river town. As we entered from the west we had to drive down main street that was already lined with cars and spectators. I saw one guy point to the cars and turn his adolescent son around to look at our cars as we drove by. A little farther down I heard someone else say how rare those car are. With all the street parking full we were directed into a parking lot and before I even got out of the car there were three people looking at the cars and asking questions. I have to say that for a couple cars that would draw some passing interest as recently as five years ago they are now drawing some real interest, it's pretty cool. We also took them to a local Coffee and Cars earlier this summer and we almost constantly had people looking at the cars and answering questions about them. 208 mostly beautiful cars there yesterday and 50 awards and I am happy to say that my brothers Charger brought one of them home.
    One thing I have noticed this year is that we are now grouped with the old cars not the late models. Yesterday the Top 25 late models were 1990 and newer and at a show three weeks ago were I won a Top 25 award the late model cut off was 2000. So in the 29 years that I have owned my Z it has gone from new car to late model to old car, 1986 just doesn't seem that long ago. Of course in that same time span I have gone from 32 to 61. I have a couple photos of our cars at the show yesterday but I am having trouble downloading them, I will post them here if and when I figure it out.

Last edited by kensz; 10-05-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: add photo