I'm getting ready to build/sell the Flashable FourPlay. And, that got me started thinking about how to improve, overall, the next generation of flash modules.

I think I can set it up so that it can be flashed on-the-fly, and safely. The idea is to use a chip large enough to store 2 full cals. 1 cal 'slot' is used for engine running, and the other 'slot' can be reflashed while the engine is running; when the flash is done, the module would switch to the 'new' cal. At that point, the 'old' cal could in turn be overwritten, etc. The flash would be a bit slower than the ~6 seconds it takes now. But, it would allow for flashing while the engine is running.

This would require custom ECU software to do (to write on the fly). And, it may only work for the SBEC/SBECII (I'll have to do some more research to see if it can work on the SMEC); and eventually the SuperLM.

The memory would be flash, so no chance of 'losing' the memory like seems to happen with the Ostrich. No extra cables needed, just the current SCI-USB cable. And, it will not need to be connected to a PC just to run (only for tuning/flashing).

It would not be used like a FourPlay or DoublePlay where the driver could change between the 2 cals. That's not the intent.

Of course, it will also require PC software to run. So, it's maybe a ways off. But, is this something that would interest anyone?