Thread: 1992 Spirit R/T - Mint Condition!

1992 Spirit R/T - Mint Condition!

Date: 26th September 2014
    Username: Pat
    Full Name: Pat Culkin
    City, State, Zip: Rockville, MD
    Selling or Wanted Price: $9900

Most of you know, I've known Scott Drega for many years. Recently, he's been facing some medical challenges and he's asked me to help sell off some of his cars. Those of you who know Scott or have seen his car collection before know how meticulous he is in the work he does and the care he gives to his cars. This one is no exception.

Next up to sell is his 1992 Spirit R/T. This car is a one family owned car. Scott found the car as a left over back in '93 or '94 while we were in college. Called his Dad to tell him about it, next thing he knew, his Dad bought it. His father drove it until somewhere around '98 when it had '70k (ish) miles when he passed it to Scott. Even at that point, the car was in mint condition inside and out. Scott used the car as a weekend cruiser when the weather was nice and took it to local shows. At some point a few years back, he was unfortunately side swiped near his house, damaging the left front fender and door. He had the damaged body panels repaired or replaced, had every blemish on the car fixed and had the whole thing repainted in the original color. All decals were replaced, as was any weathered trim. Since that point, the car has been to multiple shows, including SDAC and Carlisle, where it's won many awards. The car is perfect both inside and out.

Mechanically, it has 98k miles. In recent years, the headgasket began to leak a bit. He tore the top end apart, had the head gone through, installed titanium raised retainers, new lifters from FWD, replaced the turbo oil and cooling lines, new timing belt and put it all back together with a cometic gasket and ARP studs. The car also got a 2.5" exhaust with a high flow cat and muffler and a gvalve set to a whopping 13 psi of boost.

It is sitting on SRT-4 ACR BBS wheels that he bought NOS a few years back and installed new Dunlops. It also has new shocks/struts on MP lowering springs. Car comes with original springs and wheels, which are also in perfect condition.

I drove the car last weekend when I took it out for pictures. It runs and drives perfectly. No smoke, funny noises, is fast, shifts perfectly, drives straight and doesn't wander. It looks and feels like it's a new car.

I have a huge file at home filled with receipts, maintenance logs that I'll go through tonight. I'll post up more details of what he replaced and when later...I just wanted to get the ad up sooner rather than later to get the process moving.

I understand that the asking price is not cheap, but this is certainly one of/if not the nicest Spirit R/T out there. I've tried to talk Scott out of selling it and when that failed, I've considered buying it myself, but I just don't have the space at the moment.

Any questions or interest, please let me know. If anyone thinks it's fishy that I'm selling someone else's car, please ask others for feedback on me. Many here know both Scott and myself and can vouch for me.

Pictures can be seen here:

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/pc...%20Spirit%20RT

Thanks,
    Pat

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Re: 1992 Spirit R/T - Mint Condition!

Even nicer than the white one you sold?

Very impressive car.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Even nicer than the white one you sold?

Very impressive car.

Definitely. The white car was a very nice car, but this one is like new.

Garrett booster

That's a beautiful car. I hope it goes to a good home. I remember a Dodge Dealer by me that had a left over 92 Red Spirit R/T, 93 Red Iroc R/T and 94 white Shadow ES back in 1995. I wonder if this is the car.

Thanks! I just looked through the paperwork...this car was purchased new in Waynesboro, PA in May of '93. I have the window sticker, all the original purchase paperwork, all warranty work, a ton of receipts, brochures, etc. I will get details posted tomorrow. Lots of good stuff on this one.

Some detail of parts it has:

-polybushings.com bobble strut, front/side motor mounts and trans mount

-12/2010 @ 95.0k miles: ARP head studs, cometic head gasket, titanium retainers, adjustable cam sprockets (I forgot that I degreed the cams for him!), underdrive pulley, new serp belt, new AC lines, new KYB struts/strut mounts and shocks, new tires on BBS wheels, MP lowering springs, new O2 sensor, new timing belt, replaced intermediate shaft bearings

-11/2011 @ 95.9k miles: new battery

-2/2012 @ 96.4k miles: new coolant temp sensor

-3/2012 @ 96.4k miles: new FWD Performance lifters

-4/2012 @ 96.5k miles: new fuel pump

-9/2012 @ 97.1k miles: new front calipers, rotors and pads. New rear pads

Car currently has 98.3k miles on it.

Thanks,
    Pat

boostaholic

I can store it for you Pat