Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rossin scavenger hunt

turbo addict

Re: Rossin scavenger hunt

Where did you find his cover? In the one container that was so full you couldn't get inside? This was on the top iirc

turbo addict

By my understanding....Yes, thats the one they concentrated on.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

There were 3 that we spent most of our time in. 13 and the one on top of that and ...i forget the number.
    We literally crawled up/under/through the molds to get into the back of the containers.

We found at least 6 series one coupe engine covers. One that looked like it fit an intruder or a raptor. it had the cutout for the side intake.
    A couple of series two covers, 6 or so lower engine covers.
    3 series two rear bumpers
    4 pallets of glass. Door glass, coupe rear glass and door wing windows.
    Tons of small parts from door handles and window regulators and latch mechs to cruise control stalks. Lots of wiring harnesses, 2-3 pallets of headlights. E-brake cables and so much stuff that I've forgotten half of it....
    Still lots of things missing though. Like I didn't see ANY front suspension setups, no gas tanks, no steering columns.
    There were boxes full of misc parts including motor mounts and a stack of lower intercooler hoses.
    We even managed to find a set of rally lights with the bracket for a consulier.....upstairs in the fab shop....
    We spent 11 hrs there..

.oh, and ALL of the molds are there.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Sounds like a good trip. Nice of those guys to let people have free range of the place. So you found a lot of stuff, what did you buy?

Hybrid booster

Sounds like a lot of good stuff, stuff that I will need to pick up on my visit. Only 5 containers were open when I was there in July 2013 to pick up my incomplete targa.

Here's a pic of what I got although now that I have the car there are things that I saw that i still need. Wish it would have worked out to pick the car up before going over there like I planned. The radiator came with the car although it is in rough shape. Looks like it would be fairly easy for a radiator shop to make a replacement if needed.

Here are some pictures of the bins that were probably used when assembling the cars as some of the same parts are out in the containers rotting away.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Nice. How much did they charge for the wheels?

Hybrid booster

Benji, if you can have that radiator reproduced, I will purchase one, perhaps two of them.

turbo addict

Benji, are you going to make your car into a targa car?
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

I was thinking of doing something to have a cover incase of inclement weather but didn't find any targa bars. I was thinking to make a removable targa bar so a targa top could go on. The bar in the picture is way different as it is for a roadster. There are no provisions for window glass either. By the paint colors I'm guessing it may have been for the Ken car. I'm currently going to abandon the idea for now as it will be years before I would even get to that stage.

Also we did find about 7-8 windshields in the containers but they are all delaminating from the moisture in the trailers and are in rough shape with white fogged areas all around the outside edges. 2-3 inches deep. If needed they could be used as they are complete. You could probably paint the outside to cover the damaged area or maybe it would clear up once removed from the humid container. I didn't ask what they wanted for one as I don't need one but they would probably give someone a deal if they bought them all.They were relatively fair on price although they know what parts are rare and those are what you will pay a higher price for like the windshields.

300C -
    The parts weren't really broken down piece by piece, it was more of a this is what we want for the rare items and you can take everything else. When I asked mike for a price on wheels he originally said 75 per wheel, I didn't need a set but to have a nice new set was on my list for the right price. I offered 25 each but we ended up that if I paid his price on the engine cover, wing, and bumper I could have the rims along with all the other dodge specific parts which I though was fair.

As I go through my car i will but putting together a list that hopefully the round 2 guys can pick up for me. Are any of you planning on going to SDAC next year?

Here are a few pics for Johnny, This should complete the Barbie car.

Anyone else heading down there soon? I need one small item mentioned in the post.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Benji you are Johnny's new best friend. I need to refund his money after selling him a part that didn't fit . I was following Randy's advice since he has a targa . Haha

If anyone has anything specific they are looking for post it up or shoot me a PM and I can let you know if we seen it there. Like Matt said we were there for 11 hours and there is so much there it's almost overwhelming sorting through 10 tons of crap to find the 1% of useful parts.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Benji you are Johnny's new best friend. I need to refund his money after selling him a part that didn't fit . I was following Randy's advice since he has a targa . Haha
    I told you...I know its no ones fault. We were all excited, no harm done.
    AND besides I already contacted Warren to sign it and he said he would
    when he is in Oregon next June.

It will be my special piece of wall art.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Johnny used to be our best friend..
    My bad for no knowing what parts fit what cars all our heads were mush from the heat.
    Dont worry too much I talked to Johnny he has arranged to get Warren to sign the the hatch.
    But I am sure he would like a refund also...
    One last thing for Benji.
    How were you able to tell Consulier molds for sure were they labeled ..?
    I did see plenty of molds in the containers but they were MT 900.
    I also tried to get the Canoesulier mold (carbon fiber canoe) from Ian ...NOT FOR SALE....I guess let it rot away if you want.

turbo addict

ONE OF THESE days we all need to be together at the same time.
    we = ....all my best friends ...
    Maybe at a turbo-mopar meet. AND when we know we are meeting, get Warren to come.

Things like the targa rear mold were apparent, also the door molds, front end, Ect were apparent. The one container seemed to have exclusively consulier molds/parts from what we could tell although who knows as they didn't have any labels. I'd bet the two we concentrated on last would have at least 90% of the molds for the consulier. The 900 molds were mostly in the containers at The far end from what we could tell. One for the bottom tub was full of water and looked like a lagoon. I walked the edge of that mold only to find nothing of any importance behind it.

Hybrid booster

Wow! Johnny gonna reproduce that targa top ? I am getting all kinds of antsy now! Really looking forward to my visit in october.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast