Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 85 GLHT Omni 3500

turbo addict

Re: 85 GLHT Omni 3500

I'm not running a business. I'm making a personal sale. Things change.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I'm making a personal sale. QUOTE]

Not very well.
    85 Shelby Charger Commonblock T-II, GT3076, TU Cast Header, 3" SV, TU R-2 Plus Billet Cam, TU Custom Calibration

turbo addict

I'm not selling it to you. Don't like it? Oh well. Please, Go find another one and don't deal with me. It's as simple as that. Instead you have to come on here and try to bad mouth me like you drove all this way and came out empty handed. Like I owe you something. You're out nothing. I owe you nothing.
    So I'm done.

Again, he makes deals and backs out. Buyer beware.
    85 Shelby Charger Commonblock T-II, GT3076, TU Cast Header, 3" SV, TU R-2 Plus Billet Cam, TU Custom Calibration

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Not sure there was bad mouthing. I think the situation was recapped, and seemingly accurately. So is it for sale? Or off the market?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Sounds like it's for sale... "to a good home".

I get both sides, but have a bit more empathy for Brandon, to him it's a bit like having to give up/sell your pet/prize cow, etc and discovering that the plan is to sell it to a medical experiment facility or butcher it for food.

I know it's not really the same thing, but close, folks get attached to cars they've put so much of themselves into.

I also know what it's like to have a deal go away and the disappointment that goes with that.

At least there was only an emotional investment here, and not any real time or money, so no harm no foul, at least as I see it, your mileage may vary.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

My idea was to take the transmission from this car along with the powerplant and calibration from my Shelby Charger and put it in my Rampage in preparation to enter it in Hot Rod Drag Week next year which rumor on the street is going to start in Tulsa again. The suspension, brake parts and a few odds and ends would have gone onto my SC. I would have parted the rest. A lot of cool things could have come out of it.

No ill will towards Brandon. He was the first local TD guy I met after I moved here in '07 when I sold him my spare 555.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tmef View Post
    I told him in my first text to him my intentions for the car
    Should have said nothing. Your intention of the car had nothing to do with the sale, should have never bought it up. There is no upside of telling the seller what you're going to do with his car, ie his sweat, blood, and soul. You alone ruined the sale, not the seller. Seller already feeling down about the low price and the lack of interest of his, awesome (I do mean awesome) build. And you told him you're going to cut it into little pieces after buying it? Come on, why don't you kick him couple more times when he's down on the ground.

My idea was to take the transmission from this car along with the powerplant and calibration from my Shelby Charger and put it in my Rampage in preparation to enter it in Hot Rod Drag Week next year which rumor on the street is going to start in Tulsa again. The suspension, brake parts and a few odds and ends would have gone onto my SC. I would have parted the rest. A lot of cool things could have come out of it.
    And you're STILL telling rest of the world what your intention was with HIS car... WHY?!?!?!

Only thing you're doing is turning off people that might sell you their cars, tipping them off what you'll do potentially with their cars.
    Last edited by tryingbe; 10-11-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

When you sell a car, you never know what's going to happen to it. It might go to the right buyer then get t-boned the first day. If you are selling it, sell it and move on. Not sure the buyer needs to be blamed. time for a new f/s thread.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by CoolV300C View Post
    When you sell a car, you never know what's going to happen to it. It might go to the right buyer then get t-boned the first day. If you are selling it, sell it and move on.
    People know that, but they don't like being told about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolV300C View Post
    Not sure the buyer needs to be blamed.
    I don't know. What do you think the chances are if the buyer never talked about parting to the seller, that this car would be in the buyer's garage being parted right now.

I appreciate your thoughts tryingbe and I am sure many feel the same way and that's cool. We all look at cars differently I guess. To me they are just a bunch of parts bolted together. The thought of demanding a car to remain the same after a sale doesn't even compute with me. Where is the line drawn? If I just wanted to remove the roll cage to install a back seat would that be cause to cancel the sale? As pointed out earlier in the thread by someone, this car in its present form isn't for everyone, not even the seller as he was looking for a trade that suited his life better, and it might take a while to find the right buyer. I was one of those right buyers.

I also understand your blood, sweat and soul comment when referring someones build. In this case though I was told "I got the car the way it sits". But I guess there could still be attachment.

I am hoping Brandon changes his mind.

I am out.

turbo addict

I appreciate your thoughts tryingbe and I am sure many feel the same way and that's cool. We all look at cars differently I guess. To me they are just a bunch of parts bolted together. The thought of demanding a car to remain the same after a sale doesn't even compute with me. Where is the line drawn? If I just wanted to remove the roll cage to install a back seat would that be cause to cancel the sale? As pointed out earlier in the thread by someone, this car in its present form isn't for everyone, not even the seller as he was looking for a trade that suited his life better, and it might take a while to find the right buyer. I was one of those right buyers.
    Nothing you said is wrong.

Where is the line drawn?
    To answer your question, the line is draw at, "who's name is on the title." because that person is still the legal person to make decision for the car.

If you just kept the thought to yourself, not say anything about parting, and paid him the cash. Both buyer and seller would be on their merry way.

So, say enough to buy the car, nothing more. Don't offer any information isn't related to the sale, mother's sick, sister's broke, brother needs money, parting out the car, flipping the car for more money, shipping the car to Germany, acting as a sale agent, my father had one of these... NOT NEEDED TO BE TOLD. Otherwise, ... you already know.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    if it was closer to the east or west coast im sure it would have sold already...
    Ditto, would get it anyway but waiting on some projects coming to fruition. Would be a nice addition to the SoCal club.

turbo addict

^you NEED an omni lou dog!

ive got a soft spot for omni's, and personally would like to see this car stay on the road complete, to many omni's have been sent to the crusher as it is... i understand the whole parting out thing, and i have been guilty, but on vehicles that are usually not road worthy and would cost more to register than the purchase price.

turbo addict

3k. Firm. Come get it. I don't care what happens to it. But I'm not coming off my price.

Hybrid booster

nice,wish you were closer
    10 black Challenger Speedfactory Mopar 10 1of1,544hp,530tq 08 black Charger R/T w/R&T 98 black (slate)Jeep GC 5.9 ,M1,E-codes,headers,BBK 89 black dodge daytona shelby T2,13.6@105 71 black Cuda 383,1988-2009,sold

turbo addict

Fly in. Drive it home.

Mitsu booster

Hi, really nice car but I have question about the smoking. How much does it smoke and how often? Also, do you think it's the turbo or something more serious like something inside the engine? I see in some of your past posts that you replaced a piston because of cracked ringland so do you think that could be related? I'd hate to get this car and have to yank the engine out right away to fix the problem but I do have a spare engine lying around.

Thank you

turbo addict

Got rear ended last night. Not sure what's gonna happen to the car. May have to part it out. I'll keep it updated. :-/

turbo addict

Ouch, hope you get your $3500 out of the person that hit you.
    Last edited by tryingbe; 11-06-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast