Mitsu booster

1991 Dodge Daytona Shelby

Date: 18th September 2014
    Username: JLBailey93
    Full Name: Layne Bailey
    City, State, Zip: Chesnee, SC 29323
    Contact: call/text-(864)529-2794 or email JLBailey93@gmail.com
    Selling or Wanted Price: $3500 obo

Description: 1991 Dodge Daytona Shelby. Red in Color A413 Automatic. 89,664 Miles on the odometer. I am the second owner, my grandmother was the first. I received the car as a gift when I graduated from Automotive Technology at our local Tech College. She put 89,664 on it and then parked it because the voltage regulator aspect of the computer quit. She had another car so she parked it under the carport and put a cover on it, my grandfather started it occasionally for a while and then let it go. The odometer has never counted for me based on what Ive read Im assuming the grease dried up and the gear is broken for the odometer. Ive only driven the car a total of about 5 months because Im young the insurance was killer over my salvage title 94 accord. The paint is faded. The dash has one tiny crack over on the passenger side and the defrost vents are slightly warped. When I got the car I did these things to it over time to get it up and running. Any part I replaced was new from the store, no used parts. Fuel Pump, Cap, Button, Plugs, Mobil 1 Synthetic with a WIX, and 5 gallons of premium and it started after about 30 seconds of turning over. It rattled like hell for a few seconds then smoothed out. CEL came on and was for alternator no field circuit voltage...i jumped the gun after some multimeter testing and replaced the alternator to no avail. I then found the forums and found the 2 wire external regulator thread, temporarily wired one up, it worked so it stayed. Then I replaced the tires and started driving it. After about 5 months I parked it. As of the past 2 weeks I have registered the car and reinsured it and started driving it again. As of this past weekend the car has all new water pump, timing belt n tensioner (gates), cam seal, p/s pressure line, p/s belt, alt belt, polybushings alt bushings but the damn belt still squeaks, thermostat, valve cover gasket, turbo drainback tube gasket, antifreeze, Mobil 1 Synthetic and a WIX. The second night I was driving it again I had it skinned back and a damn deer ran out in front of me, I live in the country so its common, but Im not usually doing 90. So I locked the damn thing down and flat spotted the back tires pretty bad which sucks cause they were pretty decent, but I didnt wreck it. Has the overhead console which intermittently works but all other power features work. windows, locks, drivers seat, mirrors, and the AC is cold and the heat is hot. AC belt currently off since the weekend work, its cooling down here so I optioned it off for now. Interior pretty clean, exterior kinda dirty but will be cleaned up before sold inside and out. Car runs good and trans shift pretty good. Will need brakes and the rotors could be turned, but they arent grooved or anything so they dont have to be. If my price is way high you guys let me know, Im not a Turbo Mopar expert so Im gonna trust you guys to be truthful. I dont have the means to deliver the vehicle, but I suppose I could rent a truck and trailer and go a reasonable distance in exchange for compensation. I HAVE PHOTOS IN MY GARAGE BUT I CANT UPLOAD THEM SOMEONE HELP http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ga...e_view&id=8184
    For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Mitsu booster

Re: 1991 Dodge Daytona Shelby

Can't figure out how to find pics from my computer to upload onto the thread. It opens a pop up window and says there are no pictures on my computer. Help. I'm not trying to buck the policy I have pics.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I may be able to swing by and look at this and help you with pics in the next week, I live over in Campobello about 30 mins from you.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Mitsu booster

Thanks man that would be great. You should buy it man. I didn't know there was another TM guy remotely close to me. I hate the fact that I have to sell this car, but I can't stand it here anymore. I've never seen another TM of any model around here.

Mitsu booster

Email me for pictures. JLBailey93@gmail.com I really need to sell this car.

Yeah there's a few of us around here. You should drive it out to the Sat night meet in Greer at Firehouse.

E-mailing you now.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Mitsu booster

Emailed pics. Got some more details abt the meet? Have been to Greer a few times but not "familiar" with the area. I may ride down there if I can snag some tires from my bossman. That thumpa thumpa is killin my nerves.

Mitsu booster

Update: Flat spotted tires replaced for round ones. Forcefed if you could upload the pics on this thread for me that would be awesome. I still haven't been able to get it to work.

Yeah I got them, I'll get them uploaded soon as I can, probably tomorrow.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Mitsu booster

Thanks I appreciate it.

Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Mitsu booster

Car is sold.

Nice, someone local or someone on the forum?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Mitsu booster

Neither actually. My best friend in Arizona bought it so I could go ahead and move, made me really happy cause I'll still get to work on it, drive it, and when the time comes I will probably buy it back. Now I've gotta finish packing, load up and hit the road. Probably next week. Thanks guys.

Nice!
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by JLBailey93 View Post
    Neither actually. My best friend in Arizona bought it so I could go ahead and move, made me really happy cause I'll still get to work on it, drive it, and when the time comes I will probably buy it back. Now I've gotta finish packing, load up and hit the road. Probably next week. Thanks guys.
    congrats on the sale. I told a few people about it that were looking
    10 black Challenger Speedfactory Mopar 10 1of1,544hp,530tq 08 black Charger R/T w/R&T 98 black (slate)Jeep GC 5.9 ,M1,E-codes,headers,BBK 89 black dodge daytona shelby T2,13.6@105 71 black Cuda 383,1988-2009,sold