Thread: garrett A/R 42 turbo

Mitsu booster

Post garrett A/R 42 turbo

Date: 09th September 2014
    Username: 85TonaZ
    Full Name:nate marcum
    City, State, Zip:new castle indiana 47362
    Price: $100 for just turbo...

Description: i have a garrett a/r -42 turbo for sale it was took off my 85 daytona turbo z ran and drove with no problems ..also have wastegate also ... I can send pics if you email or txt me i just cant upload them for some reason ...

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Mitsu booster

Re: garrett A/R 42 turbo

Anyone interested at all ??

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

The log Garretts aren't in much demand as they don't lend themselves to custom plumbing without a new compressor cover /adapter, which makes it expensive to make them work in a non-stock application.

Too bad, they are a good design with some performance potential, but if you aren't sticking with the log intake (and that thing is a pig!), there are more flexible units available for close to the same price.

Good luck with the sale, I hope this bump gets the guy who needs a good, stock replacement's attention.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Mitsu booster

He is pretty close to me, so as long as the swing valve bolts, and feed lines break loose without problems I think I'm gonna grab it. I have the T2 Garrett on my 2.5 omni, so if it takes a crap I'll just swap housings and give her hell. I wish I knew where to source a .63 housing(new price is crazy, but who said going fast is cheap?) to kill some of the low end with the 2.5.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Still a usable core. The turbine housings are getting harder to find and worth something if you want a bolt on mild upgrade. You can use a standard T3 compressor housing.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Mitsu booster

Well of course just like everyone else, I wanted the Chrysler style stuff so it would play nice with my current 3" mandrel DP. But I've been thinking a lot and I have a better idea. I have figured out a way to start saving cash to buy your precision!! I didn't want to mention it and not be able to come through though. If you don't mind, could you shoot me a PM with the list of mods that were on the car with the precision, and maybe tell me how it felt. Maybe some time slips or just anything you want to throw in. I don't know if that turbo will kill enough bottom end for me but I'll go check out some reviews and see what experiences people are having.
    Kaleb

Mitsu booster

If anyone wants it let me know i can send pics of it from my phone ... I just need it gone .. 765-591-3814