Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Yeah, I've always been kind of suspicious about anti-lag that engages way before it can really spool the turbo. Seems to me like the hot ticket would be to optimize the airflow potential of the engine (which means as much timing as you can get away with and NA-appropriate AFRs) until you are at least in the ballpark of when it is possible to spool the turbo and then maybe use antilag for 500 rpm below where it would spool anyway.

If a good running engine cant spool that turbo until 3500 rpm (as an example) then a bad running engine (antilag) has no hope of spooling it at 2000. Ideally you would want to minimize the amount of time the engine was running badly and making no power trying to antilag the turbo to life and have the engine be making all the power it can until it gets to the point where anti-lag can actually make up the difference and get you into boost. If you start anti-lagging too soon you would actually be making time-to-boost worse.
I used to be able to have full boost by 3500-3700. It doesn't now, now MAYBE 4500 in 3rd and 4th gear. first and second lay over on them selves.