Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 92 IROC totaled

Hybrid booster

92 IROC totaled

Its not "official" yet through insurance but I don't see them fixing this. Tree limb about 10" across broken off tree and fell on the car. Carpenter ants and drought weakened the branch. Link to photo bucket album of pics.
    http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/hs...tona%20totaled

Re: 92 IROC totaled

Sucks...

turbo addict

I'm crying with you.

I feel your pain except when my wife's Olds was crushed, I was kind of happy! PS. The carpenter ants come AFTER the disease.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That's terrible man. You did a lot of great things with that car in the time you had it though. You could always get lucky and they could fix it.

turbo addict

based on aged totaled. so roof skin and rear hatch? Id fix it being all rust free. someone here was selling daytona roof skins before.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

So hatch, hood and fender, maybe the windshield? As long as none of the welded on body panels were damaged, that's cosmetic. DJ bought the CSX I wrecked on an icy road and has since replaced all but the rear quarter with fresh parts. Fix it up and put a new paint job on it. From the pics it doesn't look that bad, but it may be different in person.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

The drivers side of the body on the hatch area is creased and kind of folded over the hatch. Had the glass not been shattered I wouldnt have been able to open the hatch. Other than that would be a better chance of repair.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

What a bummer... I hope you were able to enjoy it, I know there were some challenges getting it "right".

Nice thing about these cars, as far as replacing it, they tend to be under appreciated, so they can be had pretty cheap, and almost all the go fast stuff transfers.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

There is a '91 Spirit R/T I am looking at possibly picking up.

A good body shop can fix that with no problem. The owner of my body shop restores pre WWII airplanes. They can work magic. Pulled out the quarter panel on my GTS and I still can't tell it was buckled.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Looks fixable but you will definitely have to fight for it.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

Oh, I'm not saying it can't be done, but not worth it to me as it would cost more than the car is worth even after completion.

That 91 would be fun, and can be made very quick, but the TIII can be an expensive mistress compared to an 8V...

It might be fun to swap the running gear out if this one into something unexpected, like a plain Jane Omni/Horizon or stripper Reliant.

But that might not be in the budget... in fact, you could probably sell most of this one off to partially finance the R/T, since it will already have the big brakes, swaybar, etc...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post

It might be fun to swap the running gear out if this one into something unexpected, like a plain Jane Omni/Horizon or stripper Reliant.

Mike
    Might be fun b you can't even find plain jane versions of those cars round here.

It is a little sad how they were so common and are now are almost gone.

If you troll Craigslist, etc though, from time to time "grandma's old car" will pop up, but we don't all have the time and space to horde the parts waiting for that moment ...

Mike

- Edmund Burke

I would:

1. Sue the carpenter ants

2. Force them at gunpoint to repair the damage with all that chewed up wood (frass) they've been dumping all over

Since I own one of these seeing mine in this condition would probably give me a heart attack. I have a tree next to my driveway and always keep it trimmed on that side after seeing a massive limb at my neighbor's house across the street break off and barely miss his car. It sure would be nice to see it fixed but it's understandable if you don't. Lots of $ and rounding up the parts. Bummer for sure. AT least the car got hurt and nobody did.

turbo addict

what he said ^

we had a big thunderstorm here friday evening
    saw a bit on the news - some older guy saw a man pushing a bicycle up the street as the storm raged

he went to the door to holler to the guy to come over for shelter but the guy disapeared from view as he put it when a large branch came down

... three hours later the city crew cutting up the branch in the street finds the guy with the bicycle under it - and had him sent to the hospital with a head injury

nice of the stupid old codger to run to offer shelter but then ignore the poor guy as the branch lays on him for 3 hours

help like that no one needs lol

sorry to see your car - I've got a neighbour with a huge dead ash that witll take the corner off my house with the power line - & and anything in the driveway, looming overhead myself

Hybrid booster

Got the initial offer from insurance company. Total loss and they are offering about $2000 total value for the car. NADA low retail for the car is $3300, going to try and get closer to that value.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

That's where a lot of us have had battles with this kind of damage. Don't back down, and don't let the insurance company lowball you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast