Thread: TCS for the Spirit or IROC R/T

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

TCS for the Spirit or IROC R/T

Has anybody here installed the TCS system (aka Driver Mod) on a Spirit or IROC R/T from NDPerformance? A friend of mine is installing one now in a '91 Spirit R/T. Basically just interested in any info/experience anybody else has had with this system.

turbo addict

Re: TCS for the Spirit or IROC R/T

No experience, I couldn't get in on that when they were offered. I wish I had experience with tips&tricks to share with ya.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Thanks Ray, I hope to get very knowledgeable about the TCS setups in general soon. I have another TCS setup for my white Spirit R/T and also my Caliber SRT. From all I have read and understand about the system it seems like just the ticket short of becoming the ultimate FWD drag racer and getting slicks. I'm sure I can get the setup running fairly well and look forward to 2-stage rev limiter, WOT shifts, less drivetrain shock and less tire wear etc... I hope anyways!

A local friend is installing this in a Spirit R/T with 50-trim T3/T4, big intercooler, 3-bar/40# injector setup etc....This sure seems like just what the doctor ordered for this setup.

My friend Travis now has the system 'mostly' installed in a '91 Spirit R/T. However we have had a hard time finding the correct rear ABS sensor, so it is not fully functional yet. This is on a '91 Spirit R/T without factory ABS, so I gave him the rear 'ABS equipped' rear brake back plate and hub equipped with the tone ring. We just need the sensor now and integrate the sensor wiring into the TCS system.

The 2-stage rev limiter seems to work great! Upon arming the system, it holds the revs at about 4500 RPM. Loud popping ensues and building ~10 psi at a stand still seems to be no problem! Holy crap the car takes off upon releasing the clutch!

However, since the rear ABS sensor is not yet installed, the TCS 'box' seems to think that the car is spinning like crazy even at road speed, so the rev limit is still held at 4500 RPM even without touching the clutch. We hope to have this rectified soon. With the TCS remote control switch on the 'off' position, the car revs normally.

The car has also had the "Check Engine" light on since install and is giving code 43. We think this is due to the fact that the TCS interrupts the coil drivers. I'm not sure if there is a way around this or we will just have to live with it or remove the bulb for the CE light.