Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mopar World Finals Norwalk, OH Sept 12, 13, 14

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Re: Mopar World Finals Norwalk, OH Sept 12, 13, 14

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    I suffered more failures at this event than I have in the last few years combined!

TT1 on Friday night....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. Installed spare. Drank beer.
    TT1 on Saturday morning....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. I was out of axles. Thankfully, Brian Taranto from the Buckeye Chapter brought one from home. It was too long for my car, but we managed to shift the motor and trans over far enough to get it in.
    Elim1 Saturday noon....waterpump quit on way to staging lanes and car started to overheat. Towed back to pit area, RacinTracy tapped on it with a hammer and it took off running again. Rushed back up to lanes and got the very last vehicle running in Pro. Ran 11.2 with a 10.8 dial. I lost that round, but was happy that the car made it down the track, and that was my first pass with boost by mph turned on, the new splitter, and new rear belly pan. Boost by MPH worked, but needs some fine tuning. Drank beer.
    TT1 Sunday morning…aborted boost by mph just to get a good run in. As soon as I hit high boost, clutch slipped
    Elim1 Sunday noon…kept dial at 10.81 but only ran low 11 because clutch slipped. Other guy broke out. Not sure why he did that…..I was far from catching him.
    Elim2 Sunday afternoon…Lowered the high boost level and dialed 11.81. Other guy red lit, so I ran it all the way down with low boost and the clutch held, at about the 1000ft mark I hit the high boost button and the clutch held the new lowered boost level. Ran 11.5
    Elim3 Sunday late afternoon…Waterpump quit on way to the staging lanes. Dammit. Got back to pits before it over heated and tapped on it with hammer…no luck…beat on it with hammer…no luck. Loaded up trailer and didn’t even drink a single beer.
    Driving home Sunday late afternoon…got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam due to construction. Didn’t get home till almost 1am.
    Damn bro, that sucks! Is that the same water pump as before? Or is this #2?

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I suffered more failures at this event than I have in the last few years combined!

TT1 on Friday night....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. Installed spare. Drank beer.
    TT1 on Saturday morning....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. I was out of axles. Thankfully, Brian Taranto from the Buckeye Chapter brought one from home. It was too long for my car, but we managed to shift the motor and trans over far enough to get it in.
    Elim1 Saturday noon....waterpump quit on way to staging lanes and car started to overheat. Towed back to pit area, RacinTracy tapped on it with a hammer and it took off running again. Rushed back up to lanes and got the very last vehicle running in Pro. Ran 11.2 with a 10.8 dial. I lost that round, but was happy that the car made it down the track, and that was my first pass with boost by mph turned on, the new splitter, and new rear belly pan. Boost by MPH worked, but needs some fine tuning. Drank beer.
    TT1 Sunday morning…aborted boost by mph just to get a good run in. As soon as I hit high boost, clutch slipped
    Elim1 Sunday noon…kept dial at 10.81 but only ran low 11 because clutch slipped. Other guy broke out. Not sure why he did that…..I was far from catching him.
    Elim2 Sunday afternoon…Lowered the high boost level and dialed 11.81. Other guy red lit, so I ran it all the way down with low boost and the clutch held, at about the 1000ft mark I hit the high boost button and the clutch held the new lowered boost level. Ran 11.5
    Elim3 Sunday late afternoon…Waterpump quit on way to the staging lanes. Dammit. Got back to pits before it over heated and tapped on it with hammer…no luck…beat on it with hammer…no luck. Loaded up trailer and didn’t even drink a single beer.
    Driving home Sunday late afternoon…got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam due to construction. Didn’t get home till almost 1am.
    That's a rough weekend for sure. But you still have plenty of time to get it back tip-top for the Cecil Invasion on 11/15!
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Damn bro, that sucks! Is that the same water pump as before? Or is this #2?
    Same one that died on me last year at this event. I sent it in to get rebuilt over last winter. Only made it to SDAC and Norwalk and it's dead again.

Called CSR yesterday and they recieved it in, but the motor is totally shot this time. Said 6 to 8 weeks for a new motor.

Hmmm.....there is another one in my garage on a nicely built engine on the engine stand.....hmmm......

I'll probably just put mechanical back on for now. Maybe for good.

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

How the heck do they justify 6-8 weeks for a motor? Didn't they use the same motor they use on all the other electric pumps they offer?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Same one that died on me last year at this event. I sent it in to get rebuilt over last winter. Only made it to SDAC and Norwalk and it's dead again.

Ya know Cathy asked me what you would do since her car was'nt gonna be there this year

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123