Thread: 1985 Radiant silver/blue Shelby Charger $2300

Hybrid booster

1985 Radiant silver/blue Shelby Charger $2300

I'm selling my 1985 radiant silver/blue Shelby Charger. It's a 5 speed w/ a525 tranny. The car has over 140k miles but is in great condition. It has almost no rust except a very small spot near the rear fenderwell area, an easy fix. There is currently a boost issue. It will boost higher than it should and ping if you don't get off the gas. I've tried all the inexpensive things I could think of to fix it like plugs, wires, etc. The guy who sold me this car told me if he were closer it'd probably be an easy fix if he could look at it. Also sometimes the car will idle high, like 2k rpm. I have replaced the ais motor twice and tried numerous other things. Sometimes the car will be driven a couple weeks with normal idle then out of nowhere it will do it. Also, the a/c doesn't work. It may just need a charge. Overall though it's a very nice car with many mods and styling additions. Look here for many good pics of it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2302160/1

If you have any questions post up or email me. Looking for $2300 b/o and will come with everything I have for these cars included (many spare and performance parts and the block I was going to use for a motor build, shelby items, etc). Some of the items are in the for sale section on my cardomain page. Car can be arranged for delivery but would prefer pickup or perhaps I could meet you halfway if you aren't too far but must be committed to buying it, probably with a deposit beforehand.

Hybrid booster

Re: 1985 Radiant silver/blue Shelby Charger $2300

I forgot to say I'm also including the complete factory service manuals for the car, along with the most recent edition of the MP 2.2 book, Summit catalogs, a very good Turbo book by Corky Bell, and more including old shelby ads, brochures and other literature.

Hybrid booster

$2200 o/bo, thanks

Hybrid booster

$2000 firm. Is it that everyone lives too far away. Is it the boost issue, no a/c, what? Considering what I've put into the car and what will come along with it $2k is a very good deal in my opinion. Snatch it up before it's too late, or I sell it on ebay!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Wes85L View Post
    $2000 firm. Is it that everyone lives too far away. Is it the boost issue, no a/c, what? Considering what I've put into the car and what will come along with it $2k is a very good deal in my opinion.
    Well, it may be all of the above. I'm sure there are others, like me, that think this is a very attractive automobile, but don't have $2000-$3000 in expendable income at the moment. Thinking that people are just holding back, while perhaps partly true, is probably a bit unfair. Has anybody really flamed your price here, online or offline?
    AND
    or I sell it on ebay!
    remarks (threats?) like that leave a bad taste in my mouth and makes me think "well, go ahead then, why wait, if that's how you feel? Maybe you'll get what you want or deserve over there". [I personally don't do Ebay for which I have contempt, but that's neither here nor there, to what you choose to do.]

Maybe the question you posed was rhetorical, but I felt compelled to respond. Best wishes finding an equally anxious buyer. - Andy

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Skibbe's Avatar

$2000 firm. Is it that everyone lives too far away. Is it the boost issue, no a/c, what? Considering what I've put into the car and what will come along with it $2k is a very good deal in my opinion. Snatch it up before it's too late, or I sell it on ebay!
    It's probably still a good deal, but the problem with the forums is that we can track the history of the car. When the previous owner posted it up for sale, the car was as close to flawless as you're going to find. Now it's been in your hands for a few months and it's already not running right, has an aftermarket steering wheel in it, has hard to remove tinted windows (tinting is illegal in my state)... Nothing really major, but it makes a potential buyer wonder what else has deteriorated in the few months you've owned it.

Good luck with the sale though, hopefully someone who knows the cars will pick it up.

I personally think it's a Helluva deal if it's not rusty. Looks real good!

Hybrid booster

There is absolutely no rust underneath this car. One spot on the left rear quarter is starting to rust but it is very minor. I wish I had the money to buy it back myself but I have way too many other projects going on was the reason I sold this car to begin with. All the mods Wes has done have only improved the car. I think his boost issue is a minor situation but we can't resolve it being 900 miles away from each other. I hope he doesn't put it on ebay. It will be sold to some idiot there and the car will likely end up in a junkyard.

Hybrid booster

Just a little update for all interested. The 'boost' issue was getting worse and worse so I climbed under the car and realized the bottom bushing of the tranny mount was gone so the engine had a ton of forward/back play when engaging gears and accelerating. I'm not sure if that had been it all along but I ordered a poly mount and it should be here within a few days I hope. When I get it mounted I'll post here again with how it's driving.

As to the tint, steering wheel, gauges. Like any car I did it how I personally liked it and every local new school and a few old school guys have said they like how my car looks now tinted and all. I realize this is FL and they are very lax about tint and just generally anything car related. Unfortunately I hadn't thought about this beforehand, as I never intended to sell it so soon anyhow. I had big plans for it but it took some time for me to come to my senses that I don't make enough money to do it up how I wanted it, nor the skills or patience. I find it silly how some of ya'll are bashing the steering wheel and gauges. You should tell the guys with goofy aftermarket apc seats in his car that, or a sunpro cluster he bought at autozone. I spent alot of money on quality parts to get my car how I want it even if that means saving a few pay checks. I don't slap some bs part on like most guys on here. I don't intend to brag nor would I have any reason to but it irks me reading some of the comments that you've posted. End of rant...

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Abkshelby View Post
    There is absolutely no rust underneath this car. One spot on the left rear quarter is starting to rust but it is very minor. . .
    I hope he doesn't put it on ebay
    Wes:
    I'm glad you didn't put it on Ebay. Could you Email me a pic (please use appropriate subject line) of the left rear quarter, when you get a chance?
    Thanks - Andy
    palmer.aj@juno.com

turbo addict

Damn wish Id known about this car last year around tax time..
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

Nice looking car.

Have you really examined your vacuum lines closely? Usually the type of problems you've mentioned have to do with vacuum lines. They'll make it boost funny, and they'll make your idle go up every now and again.

Could be just a pinhole, too...something you'd only find if you looked really close.

Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Garrett booster

sent you an e-mail.

Hybrid booster

I would love to get another car now, but I can't sell this one until I do first. It is my only means of transportation to and from work. I had planned on using some savings on another car and selling this one, but I decided to keep the money I've saved for future use/emergencies. Right now I'm content driving the Charger and saving money. Thanks to all those interested and I'll certainly keep ya'll updated if things change again.

However, I am interested in a trade if it's of close to or equal value and condition. I'm only interested in something within a few hundred miles. A possible trade would be an auto or 5 spd daytona, or spirit or similar car. Must be at least 1987 or later. Please let me know what you have if it's close.

Hybrid booster

I haven't been keeping up with things lately but Wes had sent me pics of all the mods he did to the car and it was all very tastefully done not hacked up like most people do. He has done nothing but improve the car since he got it.
    The car had the original ugly steering wheel in it and anything is an improvement over that. But looks like everyone is like me and broke at thos time of year. I hate that.