Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda radiator install.

turbo addict

Re: Honda radiator install.

This is what mine looks like currently and had no issues. The coolant jackets were open to the elements and they were all rusty when I bought the car.

Mitsu booster

I'm gonna go with a same side intercooler so this is ideal.

Also how does that fan mount to the radiator?

Mitsu booster

Special zip ties that are made to go through the radiator, probably came with the fan.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gold85GLH-T View Post
    Special zip ties that are made to go through the radiator, probably came with the fan.

Welcome to the site! If you have a gold glht like you're handle suggests you should start a project log and post some pics. That's a rare one to say the least.

Hybrid booster

I have all the proper spoilers, shrouds, and deflectors from the factory but when I installed the TII radiator/intercooler in my '92 T1 Daytona it ran hot. I made a deflector that mounts using same bolts as stock plastic air dam under the radiator that directs air up to radiator and it helped a ton. Airflow over the radiator is very important.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HSKR View Post
    I have all the proper spoilers, shrouds, and deflectors from the factory but when I installed the TII radiator/intercooler in my '92 T1 Daytona it ran hot. I made a deflector that mounts using same bolts as stock plastic air dam under the radiator that directs air up to radiator and it helped a ton. Airflow over the radiator is very important.
    I had an '89 T-I Daytona and I built a shield that covered the area between the nose and the radiator. I had an LED that told me when my fan was on and the fan rarely came on because I had so much ram air being pushed through the radiator.

Mitsu booster

I have a question. Did anyone have to have a bung welded midway on the driver side for another coolant passage?

Mitsu booster

I figured out how to prime my oil pump. However everytime I spoke to someone besides my local sdac president no one would come over. I did have one guy come over to help but everyone has been ghost. Because of that I am going to sell my glh to someone locally. Why? There isn't the type of support people say is here compared to the lexus community. All I needed was a few plugs figured out and my pump primed. I guess that's too much for people in my area to stop by and lend a hand. It was fun thinking that if have a quick fast pocket rocket for the weekend but after months of research and asking I'm done. Time to move on to another lexus. Thank you to the people that responded to pm's and emails. To the people that flaked on me, this is why people stop or don't want to get back into turbo dodges. Limited help. With limited help this community can't grow.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Tell them you have a 3.0 and you used to get banned. Seems like you had it good :P
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKOUT View Post
    It was fun thinking that if have a quick fast pocket rocket for the weekend but after months of research and asking I'm done. Time to move on to another lexus. Thank you to the people that responded to pm's and emails. To the people that flaked on me, this is why people stop or don't want to get back into turbo dodges. Limited help. With limited help this community can't grow.
    Sorry you feel that way but this community shouldn't even exist, let alone grow, these cars are running antique tags, it took me 2 years to find front turn signal lenses that weren't cracked and it's a DOT item, no aftermarket parts available, let alone an OEM part. These cars are hard work to keep on the road and with that comes a sense of pride not unlike the British sports car guys and with hard work comes the rewards, I can't remember putting gas in my car without somebody walking over and wanting to talk about it. If you can pick up a IS-F for 2k and run 13's, more power to you. I am all over the spectrum when it comes to cars and hit all the boards, this site is #1, just look at Ondonti's sig picture, just about every other person posting is an engineer and this site is by far post the most accurate info on general technical car stuff, I hit the honda sites for a good laugh (except Insight Central, they are close to the quality of this site). Good luck with the sale, I hope it does go to a good home.

Mitsu booster

Not selling it. I'm touching it out. However back to the original topic, did anyone have to weld an extra bung for the radiator? There is a miscellaneous coolant hose that looks to go mid way on the right side of the radiator. The Honda rad Dosnt have a bung for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKOUT View Post
    Not selling it. I'm touching it out. However back to the original topic, did anyone have to weld an extra bung for the radiator? There is a miscellaneous coolant hose that looks to go mid way on the right side of the radiator. The Honda rad Dosnt have a bung for that.
    That runs to your heater core. If you can't weld one in you could probably use one of the water pump housings for anything non-L body. There is a provision for that hose there.

Regarding the oil pump priming remove the spark plugs to allow the engine to crank faster. Be sure to disable the fuel pump too so you don't flood the cylinders.

If you are not finding the answers to your questions here give us a call.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

What Chris said. I use a water pump housing from a Daytona. You could also probably drill and tap your water pump housing for a fitting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12