Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shelby steering wheel

Garrett booster

Re: Shelby steering wheel

Here you can see where the holes are not straight and some trimming i had to do on each wing.

Garrett booster

The kit has contact cement. I used it to hold everything into position. I find the glue helpful as a third hand in the areas that are stretched heavy. I will be done this weekend but i am not able to work on it long in one sitting.

Garrett booster

Garrett booster

Finished! Used 1/3 more thread than removed and i discovered gloves were required to pull the cord. Punching the holes out before starting is a good idea on the straight sections but when making the turns the holes need to be punched as you go.

Well I gotta say, that looks really great! Mine looks very similar to that one in terms of quality of stitching, so excellent work!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

i was bugged by that first section, so I went back and did that section over again. My skill level has increased and i wanted to apply that level to that section. The interior is now like new. Its amazing its as old as it is. Now i need to protect the seats. I noticed a very tiny tear in the back. My last car shredded in no time once it started to go. This material looks great but we all know how well it holds up

Quote Originally Posted by Ratrace427 View Post
    i was bugged by that first section, so I went back and did that section over again. My skill level has increased and i wanted to apply that level to that section. The interior is now like new. Its amazing its as old as it is. Now i need to protect the seats. I noticed a very tiny tear in the back. My last car shredded in no time once it started to go. This material looks great but we all know how well it holds up
    I had doubts, but I will admit it looks great for doing it yourself. Honestly, it looks great period, don't want to take away from your efforts.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12