Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: air charge temp sensor location

Garrett booster

Re: air charge temp sensor location

After talking to Rock Auto they told me the part they sent me is meant to fit on the throttle body, NOT on the manifold, hence the thread difference. They also told me they do not supply the manifold version of the part. No biggie, the bushing works and I found the correct OEM part on ebay and ordered it. All is well.

Throttle body? For which car? Nothing like that can possibly fit on the throttle body for any of our cars (turbo style). Many people have gotten the air charge temp sensor like that with the correct size elsewhere. I highly doubt Rock Auto doesn't have it. There is a part number for one available at Napa, I'd find that and cross reference that on Rock Auto.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Throttle body? For which car? Nothing like that can possibly fit on the throttle body for any of our cars (turbo style). Many people have gotten the air charge temp sensor like that with the correct size elsewhere. I highly doubt Rock Auto doesn't have it. There is a part number for one available at Napa, I'd find that and cross reference that on Rock Auto.
    Agreed. Classic case of "parts guys" not knowing what they're talking about. There's a real shortage of actual parts guys these days.

Hybrid booster

I recently (two weeks ago) picked up a new charge air sensor at my local dealer. Still available.

turbo addict

I've ordered several (open caged) CTS from Rock Auto that are a complete plug n play for the earlier style connector. Standard motor prodcuts #AX7. Selling for about 1/3rd shipped what Napa gets for them. Sorry to say Gaboon, much better performing than factory plastic ones. Plug your DRB and check how quickly charge temp reacts vs. factory CTS. I switched all my turbo cars out to these and several friends too.
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 07-22-2014 at 11:06 PM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    I've ordered several (open caged) CTS from Rock Auto that are a complete plug n play for the earlier style connector. Standard motor prodcuts #AX7. Selling for about 1/3rd shipped what Napa gets for them. Sorry to say Gaboon, much better performing than factory plastic ones. Plug your DRB and check how quickly temps react vs. factory CTS. I switched all my turbo cars out to these and several friends too.
    Todd
    Todd are you saying that you use a air charge temp sensor with the open cage for your coolant temp sensor?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Todd are you saying that you use a air charge temp sensor with the open cage for your coolant temp sensor?
    No, for charge temp sensor only. I'll edit temps to say charge temp temps.

hehe Thanks for the clarity. I read coolant temp sensor when I saw CTS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12