Garrett booster

FS/Trade: 1986 Dodge Omni GLH *ONLY 37k miles!*

Date: 15th July 2014
    Username: QwikEVO
    Full Name: Rustin Smith
    City, State, Zip: Clovis, NM 88101
    Selling or Wanted Price: $6000 obo or trade

Description:

For sale is my 1986 Dodge Omni GLH turbo. I found this car luckily from an older gentleman that had it for several years and only used it on vacations. He brought it with him behind his RV and only used it to venture to get groceries and see his daughter that wasn't too far away from his RV park. These miles are authentic, there's only 37,xxx and it shows. These are hard to come by in this condition, so that's why I drove over 10 hours there and 10 hours back to get it. The ONLY reason I'm sellling it is because I'm a wuss and can't deal with not having A/C. I'm in the Air Force and in New Mexico, so the summer heat is horrible...especially while I'm in uniform. I had a A/C equipped GLH last year, and I guess I took for granted how well it worked. This car has no rust on the underneath, mostly because it was undercoated when it was new. It's spent most of its life in Arizona, and now New Mexico...so this car doesn't get to see any salt.

Here's a list of modifications/information about the car:

37,xxx miles (will go up as it's my daily driver)
    non-A/C equipped
    T1 motor
    Stage 2 LM
    T2 injectors
    K&N drop in filter
    New headliner
    Replaced the original torn corduroy seats with suede seats from a 90 Horizon
    20% tint all the way around
    Painted calipers red
    Slotted/dimpled rotors (just put on last month)
    Ceramic pads (just put on last month)
    SRT-4 boost gauge
    Like new tires
    Repainted the body moulding/license plate surround/bumpers this spring
    Silver dash cluster overlays
    Blue LED lights in the dash
    FWD performance engine grounding kit

With all that being said, I think you can see for yourself this is a car that isn't easy to come by in this condition. I am going to start out at $6000 obo, or I am receptive to trades. where I don't have to come up with cash. I'd prefer an SRT-4, but I would be open to trading for other TD's such as minivans or Lancer Shelbys with A/C. Just let me know what you have.
    Last edited by QwikEVO; 07-15-2014 at 09:00 PM.

turbo addict

Re: FS/Trade: 1986 Dodge Omni GLH *ONLY 37k miles!*

Bump for a GREAT car....BTW, those dash overlays look FANTASTIC.....ummm....wonder where you got them!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

boostaholic

Curious, did you ever run a carfax on it?
    The drivers door and rear drivers side door look to be different shades of silver.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Keito View Post
    Curious, did you ever run a carfax on it?
    The drivers door and rear drivers side door look to be different shades of silver.
    Clean Carfax.

[TABLE="width: 100%"][TR="class: evenrow"][TD]05/12/1986 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"]10 [/TD][TD]New Jersey
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Red Bank, NJ [/TD][TD]Title issued or updated
    First owner reported [/TD][/TR][TR="class: oddrow"][TD]06/30/1993 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]Michigan
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Marine City, MI
    Title #173D1810249 [/TD][TD]Title or registration issued [/TD][/TR][TR="class: evenrow"][TD]02/03/2010 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]Michigan
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Croswell, MI [/TD][TD]Registration issued or renewed [/TD][/TR][TR="class: oddrow"][TD]04/07/2011 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]Michigan
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Croswell, MI
    Title #291Z0970057 [/TD][TD]Title or registration issued
    New owner reported [/TD][/TR][TR="class: evenrow"][TD]07/11/2011 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]Michigan
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Croswell, MI [/TD][TD]Registration issued or renewed [/TD][/TR][TR="class: oddrow"][TD]07/18/2012 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]Michigan
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Croswell, MI [/TD][TD]Registration issued or renewed [/TD][/TR][TR="class: evenrow"][TD]07/18/2013 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]Michigan
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Croswell, MI [/TD][TD]Registration issued or renewed [/TD][/TR][TR="class: oddrow"][TD]02/17/2014 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]New Mexico
    Motor Vehicle Dept. [/TD][TD]Vehicle purchase reported [/TD][/TR][TR="class: evenrow"][TD]02/18/2014 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"] [/TD][TD]New Mexico
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Clovis, NM
    Title #140499M06783232 [/TD][TD]Title or registration issued
    New owner reported
    Vehicle color noted as Silver [/TD][/TR][TR="class: oddrow"][TD]02/26/2014 [/TD][TD="class: mileage"]34,997 [/TD][TD]Bender Dealer Group
    Clovis, NM
    benderdealergroup.com
    enderdealergroup.co
    m
    [/TD][TD]Maintenance inspection completed
    Oil and filter changed [/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

The fender/door are definitely different colors and most likely it has been painted up front. I know (well I think I know) there is a limit to what has to be reported for dealers, seems like it was $500 a while back. It very easily could have been repaired for a low amount or by an individual and never reported. The car fax on my 85 Charger would be a mile long if everything that has been done to it for repairs was listed. I doubt the paint indicates anything more than a small negligible fix. I'm sure it would visibly be obvious, i.e., overspray or usually a clear that has trash in it, but besides noticing it, it looks fine to me. Very rarely do paint jobs post manufacturer come out flawless without obvious trash or a sanding and buffing.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Possible bad angle?

Here's a pic from when I got the car home in February:

guess I'm blind.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

It's a nice car. Compared to 99% of the GLH's out there, this one is really really good. . GLWS.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

I did the initial inspection on this car for the seller and it is as advertised. Very clean car and runs good. Very good value for someone looking for a keeper GLH.

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCRT View Post
    I did the initial inspection on this car for the seller and it is as advertised. Very clean car and runs good. Very good value for someone looking for a keeper GLH.
    Thanks for the rep, Victor.

I put a lot of elbow grease into detailing this car after I got a hold of it. There were loads of sap all over it, to the point that it was hardened. I spent the better part of two weekends picking the sap off and claying the paint. After that painstaking was done, I used Adams' 4-stage paint treatment to really get this thing to shine. It had been a LONG time since this thing saw wax, I can tell you that. I also got rid of those ripped and split corduroy seats and detailed and installed the velour seats.

It'll be hard to find a GLH in any better condition and lower miles than this one. I know that there was a guy on here a few months back selling a cherry one, and his was the only non-Shelby Omni that is cleaner than this one.

Keep in mind guys, this is a obo price. If you feel I'm asking too much...shoot me an offer. Worst I can say is no. However, the only reason I'm selling is because I'm a wuss and can't deal without A/C. I don't HAVE to sell the car....so keep that in mind when you offer.

Trades, as well. I'm not going to trade you project cars or two or three cars. This car is a turn-key, put in gas daily driver. It requires zero work to drive every day. I would trade for cars in the same condition. Not requiring paint jobs, missing panels, windows, etc.

Garrett booster

Up ttt

Garrett booster

Been getting several emails, figured I'd bump this up.

Still for sale, price is OBO

Mitsu booster

Would you mind telling me where you got the gage overlays?? Beautiful car, and GLWS!!!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Gold85GLH-T View Post
    Would you mind telling me where you got the gage overlays?? Beautiful car, and GLWS!!!
    I think those are ones that I still sell...see following link...good close ups on 8, 30, and 32.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...colors-FINALLY!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Garrett booster

Just install ac

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by mr b View Post
    Just install ac
    Wish it were that simple.

TTT