Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
Another idea, obviously not new - why not pressurize a sealed container of meth/water with boost? and then let boost drive a nozzle, fed from that container, ahead of the compressor? No need for a pump or a Hobbes switch or electrics. Completely progressive too.

To prevent vacuum from sucking the mix back into the intake during deceleration/off boost, place the boost barb connection well above the "water level," or put a one-way check valve in the boost line to the container.

If I was in the business of selling H2O/alky injection pumps and solenoids and switches at three to five fold markups, I wouldn't highlight this idea, and, (not to knock Mike) I'd exaggerate the inducer erosion problem.

Might be necessary to tune the boost to the container with sized orifices? or small diameter vacuum hose? to prevent too much volume of boost air and thence spray, or maybe use one or two small nozzles so that it has a staged delivery? or a small unrestricted nozzle followed by a second larger nozzle pressure switched by a two port (or flow through) pressure relief valve?
This is how my old system worked. Boost pressurized the reservoir an it sprayed into throttle body ahead of the compressor. I still used a Hobbs switch and a solenoid to prevent siphoning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
You may not need an intercooler depending on how much you intend to inject.
Many turbo and supercharged drag cars fueled with alcohol do not use intercoolers.