Thread: Lucky in Louvers

Hybrid booster

Lucky in Louvers

Soon after buying my 86 Daytona I decided to start looking for a Louver. I figured it'd be a long and painful process. About a month ago I was at a car show in Richmond and a guy comes up to me and asks if I want one off of a car that's sitting in the weeds. He sends me a pic the next day and it's for a 2nd gen. I check and am told it'll work but be a little short, so I buy it. A few weeks go by and I'm at my friends shop and the Autozone driver comes up to me and asks me if I want a louver. He tells me that he bought it years ago from Mopar for his wife's car and she wrecked it before he installed it. It's been sitting in his basement for the last 25 years. So now I have the proper 1st gen louver, but the cool thing is the accessory pack. Has 2 bottles, 1 cleaner, 1 primer. All the parts to install with instructions. The bag with the bottles says, "Do not use after this Date" and is stamped JUN 8 1989.

Hybrid booster

Re: Lucky in Louvers

Nice find, an original hardware pack has to be pretty rare to find in the wild.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Wow, it's your lucky day. I wish people came up to me offerring me deals like that.

turbo addict

See if there's an MSDS for the stuff in the bottles. Maybe we can figure out what the factory used to prime the glass for the tape on the hardware that mounts to the glass.