Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chasing Classic Cars

Mitsu booster

Re: Chasing Classic Cars

Just like a few months ago when AUTOMOBILE magazine posted a "dig" about an '89 CSX-VNT that went for small beans at a national auction. They really criticized the car and the guy who bought it.

I wrote them a letter (which they published) and said.....if you think Shelby was only responsible in building gas guzzling, tugboat Mustangs, think again. The '89 CSX was a fun, lightweight car with two innovations -- the VNT turbo and Fiberide composite wheels. With only 498 built, the buyer STOLE the car at that price!

Sometimes people just need to be enlightened. Ignorance is no excuse for slanderous remarks...........

Gerry

Owner of a few Shelby Dodges bought new (and kept)

turbo addict

Wow! That's pretty awesome. Gerry, thank you for sticking up for the Shelby Dodge community. It certainly makes more of an impact coming from you. I hope that the corrections and offerings of historical facts have not fallen on def ears.

Mitsu booster

Just for the record, my Shelby Dodges "share" space in the museum with a special order, one of one ($123,000 msrp) 2001 Porsche Carrera 4 and a low mile, pristine '87 Porsche 944 Turbo. Love it when the guys come to see the German cars and see the Shelby pocket rockets on both sides of them! And they say....
    "What the hell are those things doing in here?"

That's when the history lesson starts. Just as fun, but not nearly expensive.

It goes like this. You can have sex with a poor girl and later in the week have great sex with a rich girl. After all is said and done, you usually have a smile on your face either way. It's just that one came to the occasion wearing expensive designer clothes, high heels and jewelry and carries a Gucci bag. The other sheds the jeans and the t-shirt and throws her Walmart handbag on your couch and flip flops on the floor. I was fortunate enough to experience both as far as the cars and the girls. And guess what?

There is a reason I kept the Shelby cars over all these years! Mile after mile, it's always been smile after smile!!!! Even when not driven and just looked at!

PS Don't be afraid or embarrassed to stick up for these little cars with little motors. You know what they say..."the meek shall inherit the Earth!"

Carry on, Gerry

Owner of a few Shelby Dodges, but new (and lovingly kept)

Garrett booster

Ever since I bought "Sofia", I have had more double takes, looks, and questions than with any car I have ever owned before. I work with a guy who has a brand new Mercedes SL63 AMG roadster and more people at work have gawked over my car than his, and even he asked me if he could take her for a spin.

Sometimes the classic looks are just SO SEXAY.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Classic case of "that's a piece of junk" vs. "I own this thing so..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12