Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Might Be It for TIII Power in The Rampage RT

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor BadFastGTC's Avatar

Re: Might Be It for TIII Power in The Rampage RT

Kommiefornia, that is funny, but true. Good luck comrade.
    Steve Menegon
    1989 T2 GTC (Sledgehammer)
    11.872@120.21
    1987 Shelby Lancer #574 - 13.79@104.65
    2005 SRT4 ACR (Mamba) 12.612@110.96 (Now Junk)
    2016 200S (The Silver Billet) 14.70@92.7

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Its going to get worse. Obama aparantly has banned the sale of Ex Military vehicles citing emissions and pre 2009 diesels are next.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

This is another reason why I love Nebraska.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman² View Post
    Its going to get worse. Obama aparantly has banned the sale of Ex Military vehicles citing emissions and pre 2009 diesels are next.
    Not to start a political war (it's been done and there are other places to do it), however I love how 1 person is the catch-all for making stupid laws. Now I don't know when this legislation was written, how it's worded, etc. However I'm willing to bet that there were a WHOLE LOT of people with their fingers in that pie and it would have never happened if there wasn't money flowing into somebody's pocket.

Not selling used military vehicles to the public actually kind of makes sense to me. Why would you want to sell something that has armor on it, lax safety, lax emissions (yeah, I know...), has been beat to h#ll and back, and a lot of the time have unique parts that are not available to the general public? There are still going to be those that get out. Really, unless you are some sort of collector there really isn't any good reason to even want to own one of those vehicles.

I don't know jack about the diesel thing...something sounds fishy about that. Again...money flowing like the Amazon into somebody's pocket...

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Not to start a political war (it's been done and there are other places to do it), however I love how 1 person is the catch-all for making stupid laws. Now I don't know when this legislation was written, how it's worded, etc. However I'm willing to bet that there were a WHOLE LOT of people with their fingers in that pie and it would have never happened if there wasn't money flowing into somebody's pocket.

Not selling used military vehicles to the public actually kind of makes sense to me. Why would you want to sell something that has armor on it, lax safety, lax emissions (yeah, I know...), has been beat to h#ll and back, and a lot of the time have unique parts that are not available to the general public? There are still going to be those that get out. Really, unless you are some sort of collector there really isn't any good reason to even want to own one of those vehicles.

I don't know jack about the diesel thing...something sounds fishy about that. Again...money flowing like the Amazon into somebody's pocket...
    That is a dark and treaturous path to travel down. I don't recommend it.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post

I have the a very good reason to own a former military vehicle. I have what should be considered the best and only reason I should need to own one in a free republic. That reason is... because I want one.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

DoD has never allowed surplus Humvees to be sold to civilians. If you wanted one you had to buy a civilian one from AM General.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie Fisher View Post
    DoD has never allowed surplus Humvees to be sold to civilians. If you wanted one you had to buy a civilian one from AM General.
    I haven't looked into the original claim in this thread, but I assumed that they were talking about the duce and a halfs etc. that have become popular over the last couple of years. It's a bit of a crap shoot, but you can score a really nice one for about 1500. You could also get one that leaks from every orifice for the same price. Guys are snapping them up to use on the farm or just to run in parades etc. There is a guy here in town who looks to have one of the 5 ton trucks that he's turned into a tow rig for his business.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I have the a very good reason to own a former military vehicle. I have what should be considered the best and only reason I should need to own one in a free republic. That reason is... because I want one.
    We may be arguing a moot point because unless someone actually knows what the law actually says. If they are talking about tanks, armored personnel carriers and such, to me that makes prefect sense. If it includes stuff like Malibu's or Caravans, then yeah, that's pretty dumb.

I'd like to have a tank. I should be allowed to buy one.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

I'd like to have a tank. I should be allowed to buy one.
    A friend of mine's father has always had a host of tanks and armored vehicles. IIRC there are several collector's associations for them. He also had machine guns lying all over the house when we were kids too. Good times.

turbo addict

I know there are tanks and such in collections. Heck, I have one not too far from where I live! I think those have to be registered to a collector or museum. (I'm speculating here...being perfectly honest) I know old Arnold Schwarzenegger has his own tank, but I think it's one from Austria that he imported here (I'd have to watch the videos again). Anyway, point being: so it's totally cool for absolutely anybody that meets the gun ownership laws to be able to buy serious heavy ex-military equipment. Hmmm....what about that just screams "HORRIBLY BAD IDEA"!! If people can make civilian planes, rental trucks, backpacks, etc into mass destruction devices against the innocent masses, what is going to happen when some nutjob gets a hold of something way more serious that was purposely built to exact deadly, devastating destruction against an enemy and turns it on Anywhere, USA? Does anybody remember the episode of COPS where the guy stole a tank and just demolished everything in his path...and would have kept going had he not high-sided the tank. What happens when that is a privately owned vehicle? I think you should be able to have whatever gun collection you like, you should be able to carry those guns, you should be able to protect yourself and your property with force (within sane reason). I do NOT think anybody can just go to an auction for surplus military equipment and drive out in a supposedly "neutered" heavy, armored vehicle is a good idea.

Of course this is my sole opinion and does not reflect the opinions and beliefs of Turbo-Mopar or any of its other members, supporters, advertisers, or vendors. YMMV

Might Be It for TIII Power in The Rampage RT

You bring up a good point. If somebody wanted to they could kill thousands of people using a backpack or envelopes.... so why not allow me to have a tank?

Anyway, this thread is about ridiculous emissions laws...
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

You bring up a good point. If somebody wanted to they could kill thousands of people using a backpack or envelopes.... so why not allow me to have a tank?

And ridiculous laws gets what we have here. No need for a tank when you've got access to a kill dozer.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

You're absolutely right. Because we all know that Alan's TIII Rampage puts out far fewer emissons than that "Legal" Suburban that pulls up next to him(or the cop car that pulled him over). They are laws put in place by tree hugging fruit cakes that think we should all be driving a Prius, or Tesla...

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post
    You're absolutely right. Because we all know that Alan's TIII Rampage puts out far fewer emissons than that "Legal" Suburban that pulls up next to him(or the cop car that pulled him over). They are laws put in place by tree hugging fruit cakes that think we should all be driving a Prius, or Tesla...
    How much energy to we use to mine the platinum for the catalytic converters so supposedly lower emissions? Sometimes what feels good isn't really good for you.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    How much energy to we use to mine the platinum for the catalytic converters so supposedly lower emissions? Sometimes what feels good isn't really good for you.

Absolutely! My Scamp hasn't had a cat in at least 15 years. It idles a little rich, and barks like a mad dog when you romp on it. I love hearing the echo of my rappy exhaust when I get on it going through town...

turbo addict

Best of luck, Allan! I'd love to see CARB allow it back on the road. I've love it even better if vehicles 25+ years old could have more lax requirements, perhaps more like the midwest where nobody cares.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

boostaholic

Anyone measure the emissions a Tesla puts out when it catches fire? Bet its more than 10 TD's worth.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    cats don't lower emissions they just burn the byproducts into smaller particles that rise higher in the atmosphere thus createing acid rain

but this does reduce ground level smog

air pumps blowing freash air into the exhaust to thin the exhaust gasses always seemed a bad joke to me to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast