Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Might Be It for TIII Power in The Rampage RT

turbo addict

Re: Might Be It for TIII Power in The Rampage RT

Emissions laws are made by people who have found a way to grab more money out of the pockets of regular Joe's (aka us). It's wrong to say that vehicles don't add much to the overall emissions around the world, but they do contribute. If the people who draw up these laws really actually cared about the climate they wouldn't focus so much on the small stuff, but more on the large stuff...aka big manufacturing, etc. The problem with doing that is it takes money out of THEIR pockets, hence why even if these huge companies make a gigantic mess someplace they get a small slap on the wrist (comparatively).

The absolute perfect proof that emissions tests and laws are total money grabs is what happened to my dad (he lives in Maryland). He took his car in for his testing and forgot he had put in some injector cleaner in the tank of gas he was running at the time. The car failed the test and they gave him a ridiculously long list of repairs that were "mandatory" and had to be done by a state licensed repair shop. The repairs were estimated over $1500. He ran that tank out, put new gas in, retested the car and it passed with flying colors...no repairs. What a bunch of BS.

Anyway, we all agree that emissions laws are total crap, and the way they are enforced is a total racket.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Not to start a political war (it's been done and there are other places to do it), however I love how 1 person is the catch-all for making stupid laws. Now I don't know when this legislation was written, how it's worded, etc. However I'm willing to bet that there were a WHOLE LOT of people with their fingers in that pie and it would have never happened if there wasn't money flowing into somebody's pocket.
    There is a very abbreviated way to convey that paragraph. It's called the "Thanks, Obama!" meme and it is ubiquitous.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

The manufacturers of the smog test equipment lobby the regulators to force smog test shops to buy/lease new equipment that costs 10s of thousands of dollars long before their old equipment needs to be replaced.

I imagine that the salesmen give token/nominal "credit" on the old machines toward the new mandatory machine and then the manufacturer re-furbishes and re-sells the now "ex-CA" machine to smog shops/techs in other states, those other states being 5 years behind CA in the cycle of the smog machine racket.

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...hine-s/298.htm#

Notice - the latest CA certified machine is sold on a "call for pricing" basis and many of the rest of them, sold in other states, run $15K.

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...e-eis-5000.htm

That link is for a discounted 2012 CA model - only $30K - presumably because the "we are only acting in the public interest dontcha know" angels at the state will outlaw it effective 1/1/17.

Anyone who swallows the "public servants are less corrupt than profit seekers" line is poisoned.

Then there's all the other wasteful junk that gets sold too -

http://smogqueen.com/

Thanks to the watermelon statists. Green on the outside, Red on the inside.

I got money that says the manufacturers donate to one party . . . . . any takers?
    Last edited by johnl; 07-11-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

They donate to the libertarians right?

Hybrid booster

I wanted to share my thoughts if I may. First I am all about seeing carb, epa, smog checks go away. At the same time I am curious....why not hide your mods and not invite suspicion? Like put the timing belt cover on, use vac or other lines that look stock, avoid the braided colorful anodized stuff, etc. Same thing with the hood pins.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post
    I wanted to share my thoughts if I may. First I am all about seeing carb, epa, smog checks go away. At the same time I am curious....why not hide your mods and not invite suspicion? Like put the timing belt cover on, use vac or other lines that look stock, avoid the braided colorful anodized stuff, etc. Same thing with the hood pins.
    I'm guessing that you haven't seen Alan's stuff in real life. He's all about stock appearing stealth looks.

Hybrid booster

I have seen some of his stuff, not all of it. But in his own words he says the cop noticed the hood pins and the adjustable cam gears...so obviously it is not totally hidden. I'm just saying why draw suspicion? Trust me I hate smog Nazi's.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Fiberglass hood from the IMSA race team FTL?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

This thread started to suck real bad but I would point out that.....

If its an executive order, don't bother looking up a law the legislature passed. Its all Obeezy. Most of the stuff he is involved in is not signing of bills but of sending out memos that he is tired of checks and balances.

Some people here give a thumbs up to it but would actually be annoyed if they lived in an urban area. On a fun mass transportation note, some cousins were visiting 2 weeks ago and had to get a ride to the airport instead of their planned mass transit salvation when a Seattle cop murdered another person which shut down a station. No problems in paradise!
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

turbo addict

Alan why not put a 3.0l v6 5sp in almost a bolt in . then when repassed put a power adder on it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123