Thread: shelby charger front bumper removal

Garrett booster

shelby charger front bumper removal

I am trying to take off the front bumper on my charger and need to know what all bolts need taken out and or the easiest way of doing this. so far the bolts up in the fender well have been ok to get apart. it seems that there are a few more bolts out front somewhere holding it on yet and i cant seem to find them. I did get the ones to the sides of the headlight buckets also. any help is greatly appreciated

Re: shelby charger front bumper removal

When removing the front nose, there are 8 or 10 10mm nuts/bolts on the sides holding it to the fenders, two 8mm in the middle and typically some bolt/nut fastener or push screw holding the lower part to the lower radiator support. If you have the ground effects still on, you'll need to remove the 2 screws on either side of the side ground effects inside the wheel well, remove the 3 10mm nuts and bolts on the bottom that mate the front and side ground effects together AND the four push nuts that hold the side ground effects on, 2 for each side. For the front ground effect, there is also a screw and nut behind the side ground effects you'll need to undo, so either way you'll need to remove the side effects if the front one is installed.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

so there is nothing bolted to the actual bumper shock or strut? hatever they are called.

The metal bumper has two large bolts that hold it in place. The bumper runs into the frame. Look inside the engine bay close to the radiator support.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]