Thread: shadow mirrors on shelby charger

Garrett booster

shadow mirrors on shelby charger

I am curious if anybody knows if dodge shadow mirrors and also shadow taillights will bolt directly up to my shelby charger? I kinda thought it might be a neat little subtle swap to do.

turbo addict

Re: shadow mirrors on shelby charger

no way, maybe the mirrors but doubtful.

if you want new taillights how about the early L body ones? they look different.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...i_024_rear.jpg
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy85 View Post
    I am curious if anybody knows if dodge shadow mirrors and also shadow taillights will bolt directly up to my shelby charger? I kinda thought it might be a neat little subtle swap to do.
    I have a Shadow tail light and a Charger one. I can compare, but I agree with Racoon, doubtful. The mirrors MAY work, but I think they mount to the door, unlike the L body ones that bolt to a bracket, since there is no door frame to bolt to, per se. It would be an interesting swap, not sure how good it would look though for either.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

ok thanks for the info. ya if you could compare the fitment for me thatd be awesome. def appreciate that. I dont care for the early l body ones at all. i dont mind the ones i got but i really love the shadow ones and think theyd look really at home on the car.

Man, some son of a motherless goat threw out the one I had left. Thought I hadn't taken it to the dump, but I did, sorry.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

its cool man. thanks anyways

turbo addict

you could make challenger / sapparo mirrors work

they bolt to a bracket the same as the 2 door L body mirror but you would have to extend the simulated base of the mirror (the part that looks like a post under the mirror) - to allow it to actually reach the door
    it's about an inch to short

I had a set on my turismo - they looked pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post
    you could make challenger / sapparo mirrors work

they bolt to a bracket the same as the 2 door L body mirror but you would have to extend the simulated base of the mirror (the part that looks like a post under the mirror) - to allow it to actually reach the door
    it's about an inch to short

I had a set on my turismo - they looked pretty good
    Pics of what you're talking about?

Garrett booster

ya im curious to see pics too.

Garrett booster

Thread hijack, I loved my 1983 Dodge Challenger . . . they seem to have all disappeared in my area.

It was like this one, Red and Silver

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1981_dodge_challenger-pic-130622002169873383.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	50840Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1981_dodge_challenger-pic-28704.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	50841

turbo addict

sorry - it's been 20 years since I had that car

if the link works these are the mirrors I refered to
    http://www.cartype.com/pics/7917/ful...llenger_81.jpg

the post needs to be extended about 1 inch down to fit flush with the side of the door - this makes the front of the post pointy where it looks cliped off stock

mirror will sit only slightly higher - still fits into the stock location
    all you need to do to mount it is redrill the 3 screw holes where it bolts to the bracket
    - makeing the power mirrors function is on you

lol ^ absolutely identical to the rotted hulk I pulled my mirrors off of back in 1990 - doors flaped from halfway up the sides of the car
    Last edited by Dr. Johny Dodge; 07-04-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Garrett booster

never seen one of those before. Didnt even know dodge made something like that. kinda unique in its own way. may have to check into them mirrors but they still seem a lil more squarish and bulky than what im going for but who knows, it may be in the realm of possibility. Thanks for the input man.

turbo addict

the earlier tail lamps would also look good in place of the blackened box type the newer L bodys got

I had a pair of mint early charger ones on my turismo too - lol , along with the rubber DC wale tail and a shelby air dam on the 4 lamp front end
    - that needs 3/4 inch or so cut out of the air dam at the fender to nose seam to fit
    single lamp ft end is longer from the seam to the corner of the car

Garrett booster

i actually have a challenge for someone here. I just got to thinking about my shadow mirrors on my shelby charger and you guys were saying about the way they mount being the shadow is a full frame door. Well my question is how about mirrors off a convertible shadow? Surely they would have to mount in a similar way to what the charger does being its a frameless door also. Theres a good chance im wrong but now im really curious to know more.