Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Thanks to the SDAC Team!

Big Thanks to the SDAC Team!

I wanted to drop a quick post to thank Dave, JT, Mary Beth and everyone else that put time and effort into organizing the event. As always, it was very well run and just a great time. Seeing the work that goes into event planning (at my job), I know how much work it is to put something together and am amazed that the SDAC team is able to do this on top of their real world jobs.

Hope everyone made it home safe. See you next year!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Big Thanks to the SDAC Team!

Seconded! Thanks for everything!!! Great time as always.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Thirded. Really enjoyed the line up for the event. If we can work in a fun run somewhere, it will be the bees knees.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

+1 Pat. #24 was very well organized and executed and IMO the best I've been to Now don't you have a Rampage to put endless hours into a very short timeframe to work on

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff speeddemon's Avatar

Thanks to the team! I had a great time despite my abbreviated stay.

Where is the convention next year?
    Craig
    SDAC Board Member
    1985 GHLT
    1986 GLHS 047
    2005 SRT4 ACR

turbo addict

Yes it was nice to see some of you guys. Even though I was only there for a few hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

boostaholic

Yes thank you.It was my first SDAc and everyone I met was super nice.Had a great time!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    Yes thank you.It was my first SDAc and everyone I met was super nice.Had a great time!
    You've got the bug for SDAC now Since I made my first one at SDAC17 I've never missed one.

One thing I like about SDAC's (of many) is placing a face to the sceenames here, Sgt Craig, who is he? The guy who had 9 people help to change his tire
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140621_182545.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	607.6 KB 
ID:	50727  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    You've got the bug for SDAC now Since I made my first one at SDAC17 I've never missed one.

One thing I like about SDAC's (of many) is placing a face to the sceenames here, Sgt Craig, who is he? The guy who had 9 people help to change his tire

I deffinately have the bug now and will probally bring the family next year depending on location.Thanks to everyone that helped changing that tire.I really had a good time and cant wait to see the vids of the pit bike races.Jt's pitbike is slow!

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I would also like to say thanks to everyone involved. I think it was a great location, the audible call on show location was great, it was actually a very nice spot for it. The autox was great, the carting was brutal. Great get together catching up and meeting new people. Just what I have come to like about the whole SDAC experience…
    Dan

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Glad you all enjoyed it!

Also relieved that "plan b" for the car show went over ok with most of the attendees. Fox Lake is a beautiful venue, but not much one can do when mother nature decided to be PMS-ing and floods the place! Also, glad she shaped up and didn't "rain on our parade" for Monday and Tuesday!

Again, glad to hear the positive feedback! Always worth the work seeing people having a good time!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Thanks everyone, We had a great time at the event, and despite a few scares from the weather it all worked out. Still balancing our numbers but it looks like we'll be in the black on the event. All our venues had positive things to say about our club and would welcome us back anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Thirded. Really enjoyed the line up for the event. If we can work in a fun run somewhere, it will be the bees knees.
    We couldn't run one at night, and with our days full it was a challenge to figure out how to include it. My plan was to do a kind of trivia/fun run type of sheet that people would complete throughout the week, so instead of a mapped out rally, you would be looking for things on the way to/from events following the routes in the instructions. Time got away from me and I never got that finished. Hoping that next year we can bring back some type of fun Rally event.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Garrett booster

My 50th B-Day is next year and I'd like to plan on attending (depending on location). Any rumours or rumblings on the location for SDAC 25?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Damn fine job.
    Damn fine.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Agree with all the above, another great SDAC. Now to follow through with my goal after each, bring a car next year. If New England pans out, then I'll have to, no excuses.

I do think Justin and I should have gotten Road Rally awards, since we were defending champs and all...
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    Thanks everyone, We had a great time at the event, and despite a few scares from the weather it all worked out. Still balancing our numbers but it looks like we'll be in the black on the event. All our venues had positive things to say about our club and would welcome us back anytime.

We couldn't run one at night, and with our days full it was a challenge to figure out how to include it. My plan was to do a kind of trivia/fun run type of sheet that people would complete throughout the week, so instead of a mapped out rally, you would be looking for things on the way to/from events following the routes in the instructions. Time got away from me and I never got that finished. Hoping that next year we can bring back some type of fun Rally event.
    Dave that actually crossed my mind as well when we were heading back from one of the events, I think the drags. I saw some sign that was off the road and it reminded me of the questions we typically answer. Maybe for future not have a set fun run, but maybe have it scoped out for places to drive that have twisties and some hills, similar to 20 in MD. That was probably one of the best ones.

Certainly don't mean to take away from this year though. It was awesome to have more time in the lot with everyone and not be rushed for time. This was a great balance of time with friends and the events. I mean, who in their lifetime gets to see the boost barn with the litany of cars and parts? I know 4 of us outside the Chicagoland chapter that did.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Ya, Great job guys! Really had a blast this time, best SDAC for me and the wife by a long shot!!!!!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

Thanks to all the National and Chicago area local chapters hard work to put on another very enjoyable and sucessful event! It was very fun to meet and get reacquainted with our diverse SD brethren. Also nods go out to all the better halves that attended or other friends or family members who were riding shotgun. Good to see all the people willing to help each other out or sharing their area of expertise so others can learn and enjoy these cars even more. Saw that happen over and over throughout the entire event. Venue was about perfect from my point of view. Mother nature threw a changup and the JT's crew saw it coming and had a great contingency plan. Had a great time and look forward to future events.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

I've wanted to go to one for a long time, but have never made it. Maybe next year. Glad everyone had fun! If anyone else in the socal area wants to host one so it could be in the west, I would be willing to put in the time to do what I can to help organize. Don't get to meetings much, but would make the time for them if this were the case.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Had a great time and the car survived another year.

Great seeing everyone again, can't wait till next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast