Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDAC 24 Autox Video + Pics

Re: SDAC 24 Autox Video + Pics

Just uploaded my go pro vids. This was the first time that car had been out on that suspension/tires when it wasn't raining, so I was a bit more conservative on the heat 1 passes (which are the in car vids) to make sure I didn't end up in a tree, pond or fence. :-) I wish I could have figured out that last corner. I bombed that on 4 out of my 6 runs.

It was a blast autocrossing with everyone. Hope we can do it again next year!

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    Ha! I see me at the 24 second mark, download pics to my laptop 'cause I filled up my memory card. :P

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    Do you have a part number for the Torsen LSD?
    I don't have a part number, as both of the OBX units I've purchased came from group buys in the Chicago chapter club. If you do a search, it's the same unit for a first Gen Neon (and maybe later models as well). I believe both Cindy and Chris sell the correct unit on their websites. One thing to note is you may need to hone the ID of the tapered roller inner bearing race, as both of mine were such a tight press fit that it was challenging to slide in the axles once the bearings were installed. Also, take the thing apart and check all the washers/bolts and torque everything correctly when it goes back together. There should be several threads on here with all of this detailed out.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Just uploaded my go pro vids. This was the first time that car had been out on that suspension/tires when it wasn't raining, so I was a bit more conservative on the heat 1 passes (which are the in car vids) to make sure I didn't end up in a tree, pond or fence. :-) I wish I could have figured out that last corner. I bombed that on 4 out of my 6 runs.

It was a blast autocrossing with everyone. Hope we can do it again next year!
    So you were the one driving through the grass! What kind of tires were you running? It seemed like both of us had the right power level to keep the car under control and keep everything smooth. I am always told that you need to slow down to go faster in autox.

Ha ha...yes, that was me. At one point I thought that would be the quickest way to the next corner and figured why not? Probably didn't help my entrance into that last corner though. Lol!

I had kuhmo v710's on it. Boost was about 11psi. Not overpowering but enough. I really need to improve my throttle modulation and braking.

- - - Updated - - -

Clark...what kind of alignment do you run and with what tires?

boostaholic

I have some V710's from 2008 on the front, and some V710's from 2005 on the rear. Some people would say 9 year old tires aren't any good, but I have no complaints. My previous Victoracers were from 1995!

The rear alignment is stock, and the front is set as negative as the factory adjustment will allow, something around 1.5 degrees or so. I've never actually had it on an alignment rack. Toe is straight ahead, or slightly out. I've been running the rear konis on full soft lately in an effort to keep the rear tires on the ground better.

looks like alot of fun hopefully i can make it next year.
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

Garrett booster

Ha ha...yes, that was me. At one point I thought that would be the quickest way to the next corner and figured why not? Probably didn't help my entrance into that last corner though. Lol!

I had kuhmo v710's on it. Boost was about 11psi. Not overpowering but enough. I really need to improve my throttle modulation and braking.

- - - Updated - - -

And then you and Barry told me and then I told Brian and then the grass looked like pioneers heading west were using it for a bunch of years... :-) it was awesome sneaking through there!

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by jcronk23 View Post
    And then you and Barry told me and then I told Brian and then the grass looked like pioneers heading west were using it for a bunch of years... :-) it was awesome sneaking through there!
    To quote pat" The line through the grass was faster with the shadow,not somuch with the go-cart"

turbo addict

So, so far I haven't seen one video of any of the Consulier's running around!? WTF?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    So, so far I haven't seen one video of any of the Consulier's running around!? WTF?

WTF? Reaper WTF? Show up next year and take your own godamm vids WTF? Isn't it awesome how demanding the bystanders and armchair quarterbacks are for pics and vidsWTF?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

you only got WTF in there 4 times Alan... Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotashelbys View Post
    you only got WTF in there 4 times Alan... Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan!
    I Know Right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzypOnklG60

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    WTF? Reaper WTF? Show up next year and take your own godamm vids WTF? Isn't it awesome how demanding the bystanders and armchair quarterbacks are for pics and vidsWTF?
    LMAO....I am already trying to plan for it....gotta massage the "war department" and save money. I truly DO want to go again. Maybe I fly down to Cali and we carpool?

boostaholic

An album for Group 2 Run 1 is now up. There are approximately 10 pictures of each car's first run for this group (excluding the winner Clark Krieger, his are all in their own album, link in Post #6). By this time I had abandoned the tri-pod and climbed up in the tree.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I was hoping for an autox vid; this put a much larger smile on my face to watch.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

I've got a couple GoPros of Mike's car, just haven't had time to get them up, or even look at them for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    I've got a couple GoPros of Mike's car, just haven't had time to get them up, or even look at them for that matter.
    I know, I'm still waiting on pics. But you have cute kids, so you get a break.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/I_sXVgA6evI

- - - Updated - - -

One of mike's earlier runs. My camera went dead toward the end of the event.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast