Thread: Where does the Vacuum line tie into?

Garrett booster

Where does the Vacuum line tie into?

As the title reads, need to get this tied in so I can go smog, I could just remove the T and tie into one of my existing lines near my vacuum block but if it goes somewhere specific i would like to know. Thanks in advance.

Hybrid booster

Re: Where does the Vacuum line tie into?

That looks like part of the vac plumbing for the "quick release" stock blow off valve.

Hybrid booster

I was thinking it should tie into the valve cover where the PCV is as part of the PCV system when under boost.

Garrett booster

I'm gettin good vacuum at idle. Does anyone have a picture of where this line connects to?

turbo addict

Pull the tee out and look inside, if there is an orifice built in then it is the "vacuum ejector". This was to provide vacuum in boost for the cruise. The end in your hand would have a line coming from the nipple on the Turbo compressor housing. The theory is that boost rushes through the orifice causing a low pressure where that cap is for the cruise. The boost then just bleeds into the air filter housing.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Pull the tee out and look inside, if there is an orifice built in then it is the "vacuum ejector". This was to provide vacuum in boost for the cruise. The end in your hand would have a line coming from the nipple on the Turbo compressor housing. The theory is that boost rushes through the orifice causing a low pressure where that cap is for the cruise. The boost then just bleeds into the air filter housing.
    So to be legit for smog purposes I need a line going to the turbo compressor housing?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by glhs571 View Post
    So to be legit for smog purposes I need a line going to the turbo compressor housing?
    Technically, the vacuum like serves no emissions control functions and could be eliminated but Im sure that convincing the inspector that would be difficult. You could remove the whole thing off the airbox and cap the nipple on the airbox and they might let it slide.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Garrett booster

I bought some Tee's from the Help section at AZ. I'll get it tied in so it matches vac diagram, thanks everyone!