Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed in the Detroit area.

Mitsu booster

Help needed in the Detroit area.

Hello all. I need help finishing my glht. It was converted to t2 and a few things need to be tightened up. So far here is what needs to be done.
    1. Intercooler piping made for the oem t2 intercooler
    2. Wideband bung welded and 02 with gauge installed.
    3. Boost gauge installed.
    4. Oil pump primed
    5. And someway of tuning it just in case the motor runs lean or rich.

I can finish a few things but others are too difficult for me.

Please help.

Mitsu booster

Re: Help needed in the Detroit area.

Anyone?

turbo addict

Where are you located?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mitsu booster

Bumping this up because I still need help.

turbo addict

#1. buy the oem hoses and pipings.
    #2. Mark where you want the o2 bung is, take the downpipe off, drill and hole and take it to an exhaust shop.
    #3. Put a T in vacuum line and run it to the boost gauge
    #4. Fill the engine with 3 qt of oil, fill the oil filter as much as you can. Fill the hole at the base of the oil filter at the block. Put the oil filter in and start turning the intermediate shaft (no need to have timing belt on until after), I turn it by hand. Turn until you feel resistance from the pulley, then put timing belt back on and reassemble everything else.
    #5. use the stock TII computer.

Mitsu booster

It's deeper than that. I had a member come by, take my harness out, clean it up then never came back. Now my harness is out of the car and he won't repspond to my txt. This really sucks because I really wanted the car to running and driving but now it's just sitting here. I'm on the verge of parting it locally. No one wants to help physically. I'm not asking for free help. Hell I'd even pay or help a little.

turbo addict

Sorry to say but if you couldn't put the harness back in the car, it's time to part it out.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Why didn't you call me? I told you while I'm not able to do much physically, I do know how this stuff goes together.

I'm only 3 miles from you. Give me a call.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

turbo addict

I will be there Sunday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mitsu booster

Good to see someone's helping this guy out. If I was closer I would come throw it together just for the challenge. Got some good karma coming your way boost box!

turbo addict

Well I was the one that pulled the harness out of the car to clean it up. Harness was a wreck. I have just had some life challenges pop up, so it has been very busy on my end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mitsu booster

Hey Barry. No work was done on it today and im going to try and work on it tomorrow. I didn't call you because I felt I could be annoying. I have so many questions but I also know people have their own lifes. At the moment it's just me working on the car. It's probably best that way. Also parting it out is not an option anymore. I would make much money from it and the joy of driving it would be more fulfilling. Thanks for everyone's insight. Hopefully I can get it running before it gets cold.

Mitsu booster

Reinstalling the harness. Just have to figure out where some plugs go.

Mitsu booster

I figured out how to prime my oil pump. However everytime I spoke to someone besides my local sdac president no one would come over. I did have one guy come over to help but everyone has been ghost. Because of that I am going to sell my glh to someone locally. Why? There isn't the type of support people say is here compared to the lexus community. All I needed was a few plugs figured out and my pump primed. I guess that's too much for people in my area to stop by and lend a hand. It was fun thinking that if have a quick fast pocket rocket for the weekend but after months of research and asking I'm done. Time to move on to another lexus. Thank you to the people that responded to pm's and emails. To the people that flaked on me, this is why people stop or don't want to get back into turbo dodges. Limited help. With limited help this community can't grow.

Hybrid booster

I wouldn't take offense to people not helping. Half of us have our own car to finish, and most work all the time. Had you not been 3 hours away, yeah I'd help. With these you have to research a lot and learn how to do it by yourself, because like any old car can become tempermental. If you never learned how to do something you wont be able to fix it when it may break down again. You could post up the connectors and other various things and Im sure we could identify it for you.But, to each his own. Sorry you felt you had to leave.

turbo addict

Ive never had anyone local... always figured things out on my own. With the forums and a chiltons manual I always figured it out.

But thats what seperates us TM guys from the rest. You have to want it.

turbo addict

he cut and pasted the same post on severial threads this morning

my responce as were others were here

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...t=#post1062835

turbo addict

Sadly I was the one that showed up. I told you before that I was sorry for not being able to help and tried as much as you needed, wanted. I have had a roller coaster past 6 months with my personal life. As you knew. Now that my situation has been better handled I have more time on my hands and could help again. It was nothing personal, and a lot of people on here know me personally and know that I am usually the first to help and go out of my way. I'm sorry if I upset you, wasn't my intention, but as stated my life was a roller coaster.

Paul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    Sadly I was the one that showed up. I told you before that I was sorry for not being able to help and tried as much as you needed, wanted. I have had a roller coaster past 6 months with my personal life. As you knew. Now that my situation has been better handled I have more time on my hands and could help again. It was nothing personal, and a lot of people on here know me personally and know that I am usually the first to help and go out of my way. I'm sorry if I upset you, wasn't my intention, but as stated my life was a roller coaster.

Paul
    Paul, regardless of what transpired, sounds like he gave his car 6 months from being on the board and expected others to basically do the work for him. I have a life long friend for 20+ years and it's rare I get over to help him when he asks me to come over. The fact there are multiple posts about this says a lot about him.

We all have things to do and while I don't ask any one to come over when I work on my car, I have pulled motors, transmissions and everything in between and done it alone just about every time. If someone can't do some basic work on a car, they don't need to have cars that need that kind of attention, plain and simple. Buy a car that either requires no maintenance, a car that you want to just bolt stuff on or PAY someone to do it. Everything has a price and if you don't have the knowledge, you may want to pay someone to do what you either can't or don't want to try.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

^^^ I agree. I was out of cars with a new car w/a warranty when I was given my glht. I failed the 1st time I tried to get it running. Fast forward 8 yrs and I told myself " it will run or I'm crushing it!!" I taught myself how to fix the electronics/wiring, I've pulled/ rebuilt the engine, tranny, multiple clutches,brakes, entire interior and weather stripping. The only thing I can't attempt is paint, been there done that, looked like crap. I paid for someone else to paint it. I only had the internet for help to build it. I figured it out myself and I'm so much better for it. When the warranty ran out on my new car, I sold it ( for 10% of its new price, after ten years, terrible devaluation). I went back to what I knew best. 4yrs ago, I was given a 1989 jaguar xjs convertible. It had engine problems. I decided to test myself and do a Chevy lt1 conversion. Yes I bought pre made hard parts. I didn't want to drape a stock Chevy harness into a jag, so I customized mine. I also hid the ecm in the ds headlight bucket to clean up the engine bay. I also had to repair every other part of the jaguar, because it's a jaguar! Did you know that if you jack up a jaguar, be careful!, the rearend can literally fall out of the car. I found this out the hard way. Anyways, I finally completed this conversion. I'm going to tackle a new top and new seat upholstery and the car will be completed.
    I'm a ford guy(5.0's were my teenage addiction). I just found a 2001 Lincoln navigator in the pull a part JY. Many hours and $200 later, I have a Dohc 5.4 modular motor rated @300hp/350ft lbs torque. I know nothing of these motors but I'm excited for the possibilities
    I think we can all relate to this poster in some way. I may have acted like him if we were talking computers. He did give up, only to go back to Lexus??. What ever the reason, the car is hopefully with a more knowledgeable, caring owner. To each his own. And thankfully he chose wisely to move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast