I'm starting this thread to help Josh document his R/T build/resto.
This was my old car about 14 years ago that I had originally bought from Matt in Middleburg, FL. It came up for sale recently from Bigboost in Jax,Fl. Josh had been wanting a Spirit to build, So what better car than my old car.
It showed pretty well in the ad but I had not seen it in a long time. I drove to Jax to pick it up on the way to SC. While it was not even close to being as advertised, It was still a good platform to build on.
The car is water damaged inside and in the trunk. All vacuum lines were removed and plugged. The turbo was running at 5 psi due to wastegate running off manifold pressure. Oil is being spit out of everywhere. Everything can be fixed but whoever did this to this car should never be working on cars. The coil pack is just dangling there, same for the air box. Its like they just lost all the bolts and threw all the parts under the hood. Where the heck are the 2 missing intake bolts? Its not like they are hard to get to, They are right in front! Not to mention, When we returned the boost to normal, Found that the clutch is also bad, lol. So much for honesty when you sell a car.
Well that's over with, The car is bought.
So with help from myself and Rob Mercer, The car is being built and Josh is now part of the TM family. He has a lot to learn...

And it arrives at its new home. It turns out Josh found out that when he registered the car that it is from SC originally.

WTF is this and where the heck are the rest of the vacuum lines?

I was told the car didn't leak and maybe got a few drips of water in it. Well sir, The sunroof even leaked with a car cover on it when it rained 2 days ago, BADLY. Looking at the floors and the trunk picture you can see the damage. The white stuff is mold. Looking at the bottom of the trunk lid you can see the condensation marks showing where water had been sitting in the car over time. Josh also found out his car cover is water resistant and not water proof, lol.

None the less, All will be fixed.

Does anyone have any grey A Pillar trim they want to sell?