Thread: SDAC 24 Early Drag Racing

Garrett booster

SDAC 24 Early Drag Racing

I think this has been asked in other venues, but not sure what exactly came of it. The drag strip that we will be using for SDAC has an event called "Real Street Drags" on Friday night. Basically it's a clocks off race where you can spot cars out, have flash light starts, instant green, normal tree, basically anything goes. Of course they also just have normal just test and tune lanes also. No matter how you start, you'll still get time slips, just no times are shown on the board, just win lights.

Would anyone be interested in going? I think it would be a blast to invade RSD with some of our turbo dodges. Most people there know my van, and I've heard people say it runs 10's so not many people want to race, or if they do they want spots, but some of the unknown guys could possibly make some money.

I'm pretty sure that JohnnyIroc and myself will be there to put down a couple test passes, and I doubt it would take much arm twisting to get Jaren to bring the daytona out. The more TD'ers that show the more fun it is. I think admission will be either $35 or $40 to race or $15 to spectate.

Humm.... Maybe Marybeth's TurboBlu and the Gray Ghost can go head to head. I know she's looking for redemption from this race

So anyone interested?

Garrett booster

Re: SDAC 24 Early Drag Racing

I would love to bring my Daytona out to this - I don't think it's anywhere near Me though.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

LOL! It would probably be a good race! Well, as long as they both hold together.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

I'll bring my Silverado ss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by K3719er View Post
    I would love to bring my Daytona out to this - I don't think it's anywhere near Me though.
    I'm guessing from Washington state, so yeah, that would be a bit of a drive.

I'll bring my Silverado ss

Why not, I've seen lots of cars and trucks racing. Might be able to get a race out of someone. Heck, I'll race ya for fun. Spot you out a few truck lengths too

LOL! It would probably be a good race! Well, as long as they both hold together.
    Yeah, maybe we shouldn't actually race each other. We don't want to shut down both lanes with oil slicks. Lets wait till tuesday, that way it's only our friends who are pissed at us.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by K3719er View Post
    The tracks in Western Washington state are very ANTI fun or participation. They are all about brackets, more so then the tracks in other places that I used to think were all about brackets.

You are near Portland which has fun races every Friday and Saturday night. Makes me want to move there.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Garrett booster

Actually that's not that far. I live on the outskirts of Olympia.

turbo addict

Yea I'll definitely need a few truck lengths lol. It's a mid 14 truck lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]