Thread: Recommendation on what/where to purchase quality wiring/connectors/tools?

Garrett booster

Recommendation on what/where to purchase quality wiring/connectors/tools?

Anybody have recommendations on purchasing quality wiring, end terminals/connectors, crimping tools, plastic looms etc?

Need to go through my Dakota's harness and look for a current draw so I can get the truck back on the road, but eventually will need to rebuild/modify several of my TM harnesses.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Re: Recommendation on what/where to purchase quality wiring/connectors/tools?

Tons of sources listed in this thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...106-Connectors

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

For aftermarket terminals and connectors I've been using the Delphi GT280 series. They seem to be getting a little harder to find and the Metri Pack connectors are becoming more popular from what I've seen.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

delcity or waytek wire. maybe not the absolute 'best' deals on pricing but their websites are very easy to navigate if you don't know exactly what you are looking for.

High temperature/flame retardant plastic loom with the blue stripe is better than oem. Soft expandable sheathing whether solid or split is the best stuff by far IMO but its not for everyone and every application.

Ideal Industries p/n 45-673 is a wire stripper for 12-18 gauge stranded wire. They run about $50 but they are properly sized for stranded wire. 45-671 is the same thing but 16-22 gauge and its also around $50.

crimp tools need to be matched to the terminals in use. virtually all automotive terminals are of the fold over crimp variety and the crimp tool selection varies greatly. Sargent tools by Rostra makes (again IMO) some of the nicer ones.

I have been using the Amphenol AT series connectors on my car.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    For aftermarket terminals and connectors I've been using the Delphi GT280 series. They seem to be getting a little harder to find and the Metri Pack connectors are becoming more popular from what I've seen.
    I ordered the TE Connectivity connectors this week, I liked that they had a wire protector boot you could get to go along with the connector itself, should be here wed or thurs next week. i'll let you know how I like em when they get here.