Thread: 2.5 Turbo 1 Oil Feed Tube

2.5 Turbo 1 Oil Feed Tube

All,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a quick fix for the rubber section of the oil feed tube? It decided to leak along one of the hose crimps. I tried to get to the turbo side with a fuel line wrench but it's on there ridiculously tight and I have almost no swinging room. I had thought about cutting out the rubberized section and replacing it with some sort of hosing along with some hose clamps. Anybody else run into this issue? What kind of oil pressure is coming through there? Would a regular fuel injection type fuel line work for this? I know it can handle the pressure but what about the heat as well as the oil itself? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

boostaholic

Re: 2.5 Turbo 1 Oil Feed Tube

I had a problem with my hose and the one I ordered from FWD was not long enough for my application. I went to the local auto store and bought a foot of "high temp silicone heater hose, 5/8" I believe)" It was green in color and has been on my car now for a few years with no issues. While you have it apart, also replace both worm drive clamps.

Hybrid booster

I did the same thing in a pinch before I went to braided lines from FWD. Just snipped the hard line and went to a hose specialty store and asked for something oil resistant, cut it to length and clamped it over the remaining hard line. It never leaked.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I would run some transmission cooler line. That's what I had on my NYer when I got it and it worked so well that I just let it be.

I found some all purpose at a local NAPA that fit the bill. Pressure rated to 350psi, oil and heat resistant. It was 5/16" but 1/4" would've been a tighter fit. Thanks all for the help.