Hybrid booster

1985 Black GLH-Turbo

Date: 03rd June 2014
    Username: RJ138
    Full Name: Ryan Johnson
    City, State, Zip: Eagan, MN 55122
    Selling or Wanted Price: $1,750

Description: 1985 Dodge Omni GLH-Turbo

Okay, I picked this up to use as a parts car but figured I would throw it up here before I rip it apart. Maybe someone wants a fun little car that needs some love. First I need to get the disclaimer out of the way... It is a Minnesota car and wears it proudly. This means I can touch carpet from under the car, there was a hole in the roof someone sealed up, there is a hole on the rear passenger rocker, pretty much every panel has some sort of rust on it somewhere, interior is nothing to write home about but the paint still looks shiny. Now that I have that out of the way and have probably lost everyone's interest... Here are some of the good bits:

• Its a GLH-Turbo!
    • ~6,000 miles on rebuild, forged crank, T2 rods, but Keith Black pistons.
    • A520 trans, newer clutch, pressure plate and surfaced flywheel. Cables/shifter are sticky.
    • Garrett turbo, T2 radiator/intercooler, talon BOV, vacuum block, fresh silicone vacuum lines, manual boost controller.
    • Adjustable fuel regulator
    • 2.5" exhaust with only a cat
    • New starter, new power module, modified injector harness, stage 2 LM
    • Boost and air fuel gauge on a pillar pod
    • Poly mounts, side and front
    • Shelby Lancer wheels, no center caps

I bought the car with the timing way out of whack. We re timed it and got the car running decent but has a semi high idle (~1,200 rpm) and lacked boost on a test drive (~2 psi). Being that I was going to use the car for parts I have not bought new plates/tabs for it or put insurance on it. Hence why I have not taken it out more to work the bugs out. A little work and it could be a fun car for someone, for me it is an organ donor and it's days are numbered...

The pictures make it look decent but I don't want them to deceive you. The car has dents and the car has rust. Let me know if you want more detailed photos and I will gladly take them for you. If interested let me know.

Garrett booster

Re: 1985 Black GLH-Turbo

$1.00?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by jrbexhaust View Post
    $1.00?
    This is Turbo-Mopar.com not the Price is Right.

If no one is interested, the car will be parted and scrapped at the end of the month. I really need the parts off this car for my other GLHTs but I am open to offers.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJ138 View Post
    This is Turbo-Mopar.com not the Price is Right.

If no one is interested, the car will be parted and scrapped at the end of the month. I really need the parts off this car for my other GLHTs but I am open to offers.
    You have it backwards. The Price is Right took it's bidding scheme from our low ball offers on here. Frank is in the midst of a big law suit regarding it so he can't really talk about it.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Frank, come on down!! Woot!

I kid, I kid. In all seriousness the car looks pretty good from here and could be right for somebody with the know how to fix the issues. Somebody with welding experience oughta pick this up and use it for honing skills.

Garrett booster

Are you going to part it out? I need the rear crossmember/trailing arms and some of the bumper plastic pieces that are missing on my car. Do you intend to keep the steering knuckles? I have an 88 that I would like to convert over to the GLH knuckles so I can go vented brakes and 5 lug rims.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by AngelesRunner View Post
    Are you going to part it out? I need the rear crossmember/trailing arms and some of the bumper plastic pieces that are missing on my car. Do you intend to keep the steering knuckles? I have an 88 that I would like to convert over to the GLH knuckles so I can go vented brakes and 5 lug rims.
    Most likely, I might give it another week or so and then start ripping into it. Some of that stuff should be available, I don't need it at least.